Friday 18 March 2022

Get Well

   I'm here with my card for the latest challenge at Fusion where I created a fusion of both photo and sketch to come up with this card:
 

I focused on the bookshelf theme and the colours in the photo and coloured up these images from a Birdie Brown set.  Once coloured, I die-cut them with the co-ordinating dies and arranged them on a strip of woodgrain patterned paper.


On the white card base, I dry-embssed a text embossing folder for added interest and finished with a Get Well Soon sentiment, which was white-embssed ont black and die-cut.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the DT and play along.


I'm also playing along with the CAS challenge at Krafty Chicks and the Cute challenge at Time Out.





Products used:

Stamps:  Our Story (MFT), Elegant Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Ink:  Versamark, Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Wood & Notebook Basics (Snap Basics)
Dies:  Our Story (MFT), Elegant Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Timeless Type EF (SU)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Krafty Chicks.

13 comments:

Cindy H. said...

This is such a sweet card! Love the colors and how you used the sketch and photo to inspire your card.

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, she is my most favorite little [stamped] reader - I'm in awe of your coloring once again! Amazing!
=]

Kim S said...

What a sweetheart!! And I love the the neutral tones you have used. I have two nieces who adore books (at 14 and 17 years old!) This all has to go on my wishlist and then I'll have to CASE your card!

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness! You are a master with those Copics! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I really like it and I hope there is something new

Cock Fight

Dawn T said...

Fantastic card Karren. It's a great take on the both elements in the challenge.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is fabulous! What a sweet image. And I love that textured background.

Wanda Cullen said...

Totally love this sweet scene!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful coloring on this image. Love how you used the Fusion sketch with these images.

Tenia Nelson said...

So much fun!!! Thanks for playing along in the Krafty Chicks!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What an adorable design! I'm totally wowed by your amazing and so smooth coloring job!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Well done! That’s me except the Get Well part. Amazing colouring! So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just adorable, and I love your take on all of the challenges. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.