Sunday 27 March 2022

Textured Birthday

 Hi!  It's Sunday afternoon here in New Zealand and I had some time today to just play in my craft room, so I made this card for three challenges:  Tic Tac Toe (Die-cut/Flowers/Stenciling); the sketch at Just Add Ink and the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday.



It was so hard getting a photo of the texture in this card without the glare from the hot foiling so apologies for the photos!  I started my card by stenciling through the English Brick Wall stencil with embossing paste and setting it aside to dry.  I then die-cut the shiplap out of white cardstock, also running it through with an embossing mat to increase the texture.

I then went hunting through my stamp sets for some flowers that were already stamped because I couldn't be bothered starting from scratch.  I found these partial wreath images that had been stamped in Altenew inks and die-cut and figured they would work.



The sentiment was hot-foiled with gold foil and die-cut with a sentiment strip die.  Everything is popped up on foam tape on the card base.  Apologies to the ladies at Just Add Ink that my vertical strips don't overlap but they were too narrow and it didn't look right, so I added a bit of space between them.  Hope this is okay.

Thanks so much for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Charming Floral Wreath (Pink Fresh Studio)
Ink:  Various Altenew inks
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Charming Floral Wreath (Pink Fresh Studio), Shiplap Builder (The Greetery), Essential Glimmer Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Gold Hot Foil, English Brick Wall Stencil (MFT), Embossing Paste

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at Seize the Birthday.

9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just so beautiful Karren. I'm loving the Pinkfresh hotfoil stamps - they are simply gorgeous. Your card has so much texture and such an awesome look

Barbara said...

I know that getting a photo is hard with foiling, but you did a great job. I love the texture and the foiled sentiment. Those sprays of beautiful flowers are so attractive on this design. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Chantell Randall said...

Beautiful! I really love the way you have used the Sketch and positioned the flowers around it. The wonderful foil sentiment works perfectly with the colour of your flowers. Chantell Just Add Ink

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, all of these elements came together seamlessly! OH, do I love all the dreamy white with these peachy delights [they worked a charm] and gorgeous foil!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Karren - love the subtle texture, and you amazing use of the sketch - a fabulous result
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Callahan said...

Fabulous texture and shine! Gorgeous card!

Nancy said...

I had to come by and let you know how pretty this card is, Karren! I adore every inch! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday! Please come back soon as your work is wonderful!

Kerry Parkinson said...

I love texture on a card too and yours is a wonderful mix with the foil and stamping, just lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink. Cheers, Kerry

Betty said...

beautiful card, Karren - love the all the wonderful texture in the background and those lovely peachy flowers - so pleased to see your card in our TicTacToe Challenge this week!