Thursday 3 March 2022

Jukebox

 Welcome!  Today's card is for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches where it is my turn to host.  As usual, I came up with a simple sketch and used the wide open space in the middle to create a small scene for this cute jukebox stamp.


After stamping and Copic-colouring the jukebox, I fussy-cut it out and set it to one side while I created the background.  I stamped one of the images from the On The Ground set and coloured the black squares with Copics.  I then masked off that area and lightly sponged mint ink above that, fading into white.


I then gold-embossed the sentiment and bordered the long edges with gold foil cardstock.  The card base is white, but I added two black strips I'd embossed with the Window Slats embossing folder.  There are no embellishments because I made this for a male.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll play along this week after checking out the fabulous cards made by the design team.


I'm entering this card into Time Out Challenges 8th Birthday challenge as well as Addicted to Stamps and More All Occasions challenge.






Products used:

Stamps:  Jukebox Jive (SugarPea Designs), On the Ground (SSS)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.), Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, 
Cardstock:  White, Black, Gold, X-Press It
Accessories:  Copics, Gold EP, Window Slats Embossing Folder (Altenew)


9 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

What a great image for your fab sketch! I love how you colored it!

Amy O said...

Every detail on this is just amazing! You do such amazing things with ink, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

Makes me want to put on saddle shoes and booby sox and jitterbug! I remember the glory of the jukebox days! Every diner and bar had one! This is wonderful!

Dawn T said...

Totally stunning. so Art Deco looking.

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is so fabulous Karren! I love it! That jukebox is amazing! Love the colours and your amazing colouring! Super fun card!

Toni said...

Oh, my! This takes me back. Well done!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fabulous card. I love the image and your coloring is spectacular. Love how you did the floor. Thanks so much for joining us with our birthday celebration at Time Out.

Jen Timko said...

Your coloring on this is amazing! Love it. And thanks for a great sketch this week.

foleysfriend said...

What a fabulous jukebox. You've done a great job of adding color and shading to it. Love the checkerboard floor too - so clever and creative. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.