Friday 4 March 2022

Teal Roses

 Hi and welcome to the latest challenge from the team at Fusion.  I decided to just play with the inspiration photo this time and tried to recreate the look using dies and ink.


I made the flowers using Memory Box papers and gold foil.  Before I placed them onto the cardbase, I used a watercolor wash freeform stencil and sponged various Distress Inks through it.  I then flicked on some Faded Jeans ink and spritzed with mica spray.


I finished with a bold sentiment, but in hindsight I wish I'd centred it rather than positioning it to the right hand side, but it is what it is.

Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll visit the challenge site and see the cards made by my fantastic teamies.




Products used:

Stamps:  Say It In A Starburst (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina, Evergreen Bough Distress Inks, Enchanted Gold, Nimbus (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, Matte Gold Foil, Hot Fudge, Milk Chocolate (MFT), Fresh Aqua (Memory Box)
Dies:  Bloom Colorize (Sizzix), Layered Leaves (MFT)
Accessories:  Watercolor Wash Free Form Stencil (MFT), Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Well done, Karren! It's a gorgeous rendition of that photo - and I love that pretty puddle of color!
=]

conil said...

Nicely done. Like it so much better than the photo with those shimmery touches of gold.

Julia Aston said...

What an awesome stenciled water splash behind your beautiful roses Karren! love the touches of gold!

Lyn said...

Just had to leave a message and tell you how much I love this card <3 always enjoy your beautiful creations

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow...this is so stunning! Love the gold leaves paired with those vibrant roses!

Judy Rozema said...

Absolutely gorgeous!