Friday 18 March 2022

Tree Gnome

Edited to add:  This post is a day late due to me not being able to work out time zones correctly!  Apologies to the team at Tic Tac Toe! 

Hi and welcome. I am thrilled to be guesting with the team at Tic Tac Toe this week after winning a challenge there a wee while ago.
 


I chose trees, colouring and faux stitching to come up with this card using an adorable image from Stamping Bella.


I coloured the image then masked around it to create the sky and grass.  I then cut it down leaving the leaves sticking out the side.  I carefully die-cut the edges with a stitching die and mounted it onto a green panel die-cut with the same stitching die.


I then added a sentiment and called it done.  

Thanks so much to the team at Tic Tac Toe for inviting me.




Products used:

Stamps:  Gnome in a Tree (Stamping Bella), Elegant Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Amalgam (Gina K), Forest Glades (Altenew), Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Lush Green Collection (Memory Box)
Dies:  Basic Stitch Lines (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, White Gel Pen, Micro Cloud Edges Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, those pesky time zones. They make my head ache! This is fabulous. I love gnomes and your coloring is so fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, those time changes catch everyone off the clock for a bit! Add all the time zones between us and you? It's a wonder anyone gets it right!
This guy was well worth waiting for!
=]

Silke Ledlow said...

Karren, your card is super adorable....what a sweet image! Thank you for being our guest designer this week!

Linda Callahan said...

No matter what time it is your copic coloring is always spot on! Wonderful card!

Stef Perry said...

Such an adorable gnome birthday card, Karren! Fabulous coloring and great design. Thank you so much for being our guest designs week, it was wonderful having you!