Sunday 7 October 2012

CAS Flower

As it's a lovely Spring day today, I went summery with my card for the challenges at Freshly Made Sketches and Dynamic Duos.  Even though I'm not a fan of orange, I do quite like Tangerine Tango.  How come then, that I never use it?



Because I wanted to keep my card light, I went with Bakers Twine rather than the panel across the top.  I used the Blossom Builder Punch and Build a Blossom set to make the flower.  I realize that in nature green flowers with an orange center would be a rare sight, but I took some artistic license here LOL.  



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Build a Blossom; Signature Greetings (PTI)
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Brights DSP
Ink:  Old Olive; Tangerine Tango
Accessories:  White Bakers Twine; Blossom Builder Punch; MFT Fishtail Flags Die

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as one of the Dynamic Darlings this week.  Thanks, guys!


12 comments:

AB. said...

Great clean & simple card....and I LOVE the green flower! Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

Tui Nathan said...

This is just fabulous Karren ... clean simplicity in all it's glory .... wow!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week and enter my washi tape giveaway!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-40-and-giveaway.html

Jen Brum said...

Fabulous clean and simple card Karren! Love how the flower pops off the page! The added bakers twine is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful CAS card Karren! Love the polka dots and your sweet bloom. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Beverley said...

Lovely CAS card, love the colour combo too.

Patrice said...

Love this CAS card Karren. Really eye catching.

Jen Timko said...

Another fantastic card, Karren!! Love the clean take on the sketch! Awesome! Glad to see you this week!

Aimee Cretsinger said...

Perfect CAS card! I adore you flower and the Baker's Twine is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Ann Schach said...

So clean and classy! I love the flower! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anni said...

Wow, such a beautiful card! I love the CAS style! The flower is so pretty!
Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very pretty, Karren! I really like the baker's twine detail and the clean design. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)