Saturday 18 May 2013

One and Only

I spent the whole afternoon stamping today and it was great.  Unfortunately, of the 4 items I made, 3 were for upcoming DT obligations so I can only share one card at this stage.

I made this card for the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and the monochromatic/baker's twine challenge at Friday Mashup.



I went for a black and white color scheme and pulled out an old, retired set called Bronc Buster.  The main image is white-embossed on black and popped up on dimensionals.  I deliberately kept the card clean and simple, letting the starkness of the colors and single image stand out.  The two brads are also retired.




Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Bronc Buster
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Whisper White
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Chevron EF; Finishing Touches Edgelit; White Baker's Twine; Star Brads; White EP

ETA:  This card was chosen for a Glamette Award at Friday Mashup.

Cheers
Karren


5 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Eek, I love this in B&W! Lovely masculine card with lots of texture. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Kelly S. said...

So awesome! Love the silver hardware with that cool sentiment!

Amy O said...

What a great card! I love the monochromatic look, especially with the layer of embossed texture. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Oh, Karren....what a fantastic card this is!! Such a wow!! The black and white create such a punch! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Love, love, love this! Great use of the sketch, and I adore the twine/brad combo and the embossing in the background. Fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!