Saturday 9 November 2013

GameBoy

It's an overcast Saturday here today and even though it's Spring, it's pretty cool.  What better reason to stay inside and stamp??

The sketch at Freshly Made Sketches has had me thinking for a couple of days and my original idea was all fancy-schmancy but after wasting a couple of hours on it this morning, I gave up and went simple.



My mother is now a CTMH consultant after being left high and dry by Creative Memories, so it's great to discover another new-to-me company's stamps!

This set is called Tech Speak and it has some great images, suitable for kids like mine, who would spend all day with a game controller in hand if allowed!  However, I don't know what "wired" means in the US but over here, it means high (and not the vertical kind), so I don't know that I'll actually give this to one of my boys - might send the wrong message!

I used my favorite colour combo of Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade for this card.  The controller was stamped in black Stazon then cut out and popped up on dimensionals.  I colored some Basic Pearls with Sharpie markers to add a bit of interest and dimension.

Thanks for looking.



Products used:

Stamps:  Tech Speak (CTMH)
Ink:  Island Indigo; Lucky Limeade; Black Stazon
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Sharpie markers; Basic Pearls

Edited to Add:  This card earned a Perfect Princess Award at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Patrice said...

Haha your kids sound like mine. Gaming is the ONLY interest these days and the biggest source of disagreement!

Love your card Karren, cool images. What does CTMH stand for?

Linda Callahan said...

Yu did a fabulous job with this! Love the images! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I want this stamp set! So cool - my boys would love it!

Amy O said...

Great job with the sketch! Sometimes CAS is the best way to go when you get stuck on a sketch. I had to laugh at what the sentiment means where you live! How funny! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Bonnie said...

I'll have to look into that set! I love this and my grandsons are really into those games. One especially. It worked perfectly with this sketch!

Linda said...

I need this set for one of my sons too! Unless I'm really off base here, "wired" just means "connected" - like to a computer or game system.

karen h said...

Awesome card! Love the use of the little stamp for the border!

Wired can mean too much caffine...I don't think I've heard it used to mean high here, but I am certainly not versed in all the slang. It is also the name of a technology magazine.

Scrappy Géri said...

Si cool!! I live your card and that stamp!! It was just perfect for the sketch :)