Thursday 3 April 2014

Hello Cubed

It's Freshly Made Sketch time and this week our sketch hostess is the very talented and always funny Linda Callahan.  Linda has given us a very cool sketch with lots of possibilities.



I just received my new Winnie & Walter stamps and had to put them to use so came up with this card to fit the sketch.


I am loving the large hand-written sentiment trend that's happening now and took my cue for this card from Ardyth's gorgeous card here to stamp the sentiment in different colors.  I used Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay.  The black panel is dry embossed with a new-to-me Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I was going to punch out a star embellishment for the card until I realised that all my punches are packed away.  Doh!  It wasn't until I finished the card that I thought of using the Silhouette to cut some star shapes.  Double Doh!

Here's a peek at the inside.


The whole main panel was colored with my Wink of Stella pen.  It's hard to get a photo of the gorgeous shimmer but this one shows a glimpse.


Thanks for stopping by.  If you haven't already, head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team.  They're sure to blow you away as always!

Products used:

Stamps:  The Big, The Bold and the Happy, Big Bang Confetti (W&W)
Ink:  Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Lucky Limeade
Cardstock:  Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
Accessories:  Cuttlebug EF, Stars brad, American Crafts Twine, Wink of Stella pen

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love it - cubed! So fresh and modern! I have got to get that sparkly pen!

Cindy Lovell said...

This is amazing!! I just love how you stamped the sentiment and the stars!! Awesome colors!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I am officially jealous that I didn't order that stamp set before they were all sold out! I love how you've stamped it with an ombre effect.

Amy O said...

I love this! I love the brushstroke look of this stamp, and how you've stamped it three times in different shades of blue to achieve an ombre look. Well done, Karren!

Jen Brum said...

Super fun card Karren! Love that stamp!!! Looks great in those colours!!! I love those stars! The inside looks sweet too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I'm really loving the big bold sentiments that are around at the moment and I love how you've given yours graduating colours. The stars are a great touch too!

Cindy Hall said...

This is so great, Karren. You chose the perfect 3 shades of ink to use together. Love the whole look, including the stars and the metal button with a star! Love it.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful way to say hello, Karren! Love these blues with the touch of green and black! Stunning!

Stamping Shanni said...

Terrific card Karren! Love how you have combined the umbrae and the design requirements.

Joni Andaya said...

So FABULOUS!!! Oh so love that hello sentiment, what a gorgeous way to showcase it :)

Greta said...

What a striking card! Love the shades of blue with the black & the gold stars--brilliant design!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic card! Love the gold stars paired with the pretty blue color palette! Thanks for the inspiration!

Winnie & Walter said...

This card is a wow! The shades of aqua/teal are beautiful and the gold stars really accent this card nicely! Wonderful job and we are so glad you are loving your stamps!