Thursday 12 June 2014

On the Diagonal

Welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  This week, the talented and oh-so-funny Linda Callahan is our host and she has given us a very trendy sketch.  Check it out:



Diagonal elements are very trendy now and luckily, I'd just received an order of Lil Inker dies that included the On the Diagonal die, so it was put to use on my card.



I started with a Crumb Cake card base and "finger-walked" the Dictionary background stamp onto a piece of Whisper White using Crumb Cake ink.

The flowers were made using some white tissue paper which I colored using Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight ink.  For the orange flowers, I actually sponged Tangerine Tango ink onto both sides of the tissue paper.  By the time I got to the yellow flower, I was sick of that, so just used the Direct-to-Paper technique and smeared Daffodil Delight ink straight onto the tissue paper.  I cut about six scalloped circles out for each flower and squished them up.

The diagonal panel was cut with the Lil Inkers die then I stuck little strips of cardstock to keep as close to the sketch as possible.  The sentiment was die cut and painted with Wink of Stella so has a lovely shimmer in real life.

I'm also entering this card in the Fusion challenge.  The inspiration I took from the photo was the flowers and the text.



Thanks for visiting.  Check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the design team!

Products used:

Stamps:  Dictionary
Ink:  Crumb Cake
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Accessories:  Tissue paper, gold brads, Little Leaves Sizzlet, Freckled Fawn Enamel Dots, Avery Elle Hello die, Lil Inkers On the Diagonal die, Rectangle Stitched Mats die

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

A home run with this one girl! Wonderful flowers and I love the bold hello! And I so need enamel dots!~ Terrific card!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,just WOW Karren!! This card is stunning!! I adore the beautiful flowers...awesome colors!! And i love the black leaves and sentiment!! Awesome job,Karren!!

Lynn said...

You took the inspiration photo to a whole new level. this is bold and beautiful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Jen Mitchell said...

First of all rats! I've got that diagonal die and totally forgot to use it! And second you've got quite a bit of detail and work in this card. What with the finger-walking, the dyeing, the cutting, and the squishing! It must have taken forever but the results are fantastic! The colors are gorgeous - what a feast for the eyes!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Karren!!! Hello, perfect use of the Freshly Made and pairing it with FUSION!!!! LOVELY blooms, I love everything about this card!!!

Thanks so MUCH for joining us at FUSION - I hope that you are inspired to join us again!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

So awesome that you made your own flowers and inked them! Perfect for this challenge. Thanks for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You are a girl after my own heart with those flowers! They're amazing and work so well with this weeks sketch - this is one gorgeous card Karren!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That signature die worked beautifully with this card. I love that color scheme too. Blessings!

Betty said...

Really beautiful card. Love your flowers. Thanks for playing along at FUSION!