Monday 7 July 2014

Happy Birthday, Darnell

This is my second post today.  Scroll down for my beachy card.

I spent some time today making a birthday card for Darnell.  Darnell makes our little corner of the internet special with her generosity of time and the lovely comments she leaves so very often.  And let's not forget her blog posts - so hilarious and she offers up the most gorgeous cards.  So I made this card with Darnell in mind.  I kept it CAS because that's how she rolls.


It's only fitting that I used NBUS for this card - a new PTI set called Bigger Blooms.  I just love the font on the sentiments in this set.

I die cut and stamped various images using several different ink colors, then arranged them on the card base.  Once they were all stuck down, I went around with the little dot stamp then finished off with some rhinestones.

Each of the flowers and leaves were colored with Wink of Stella.  As always, it's hard to get a good photo so this is the best I could do.


I was inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Darnell.  Hugs!

Products used:

Stamps:  Bigger Blooms (PTI)
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Lucky Limeade, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Marina Mist, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Bigger Blooms dies (PTI), Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Darnell said...

You could be a florist on the side, Karren! Your beautiful bouquet is arranged and shimmered perfectly! And I love how you punctuated it with the sweet little dots and rhinestones!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make me a special NBUS and CASlicious card and dedicating a second post today just to me!! I really appreciate it, your very kind compliments, and that you joined in the fun over Ardyth's linky party!! Mwah!! Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, t his is so pretty! Beautiful take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch--love that bouquet!

Happy Dance said...

Karren, this is gorgeous! I knew the minute I saw it that our Miss D. would fall madly in love with it. I'm a bit behind in commenting on the linky party due to a run of migraines, but wanted to let you know that this is gorgeous. Thanks for helping us celebrate our dear friend, Darnell! Bev