Thursday 4 December 2014

Polar Pals Tag

The Card Concept have a fun challenge going on at the moment.  They are looking for a snowman/winter themed tag and I couldn't resist playing along.  I'm calling this tag Clean & Layered.  I'm also entering this tag into the die-cuts challenge at Digi Sketch Challenges and the Christmas/Holiday challenge at Simon Says Stamp.



I cut a tag from watercolor paper using a Mama Elephant die, then sponged a night sky before stenciling snow with embossing paste and the SSS Falling Snow stencil.  The hills were cut with Mama Elephant Landscape Trio dies and the snowman is from Polar Pals.  I stamped the word "Happy" from SSS Peace on Earth set and cut it out.


  

I wanted to match the die-cut word "Christmas" with the sky so I swiped some Seedless Preserves ink onto some white card and then cut my word.  The hills are mounted on foam tape as is the snowman.  The tag was finished off with some black twine and the inevitable Wink of Stella - in fact the WoS was flowing very freely out of the brush and was still wet when I took the photos :)

Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Stamps:  Polar Pals (Mama Elephant), Peace on Earth (SSS)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Antique Linen, Victorian Lace, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Watercolor (Tim Holtz), white, X-pressit
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella, Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant), Tags a Lot die (Mama Elephant) Polar Pals dies (Mama Elephant), Merry Christmas die (SSS) Falling Snow Stencil (SSS), Embossing Paste, black twine

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This tag got a shout out at Card Concept.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute!! I love the colors you used :)

Jenny said...

Loving the colors and that amazing background sky!

Cathy said...

Awesome tag Karren, love the colours and the dimension you've given gorgeous little snowman with your colouring, Cathy x

Kerin said...

This tag is super cute! Love the background and colors! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Monika Reeck said...

Karren the snowman is so cute and I adore the background you made I love purple and this is soooo special
I love all in this tag
great made..
hugs, Monika

Rita W said...

Cha-ching! Did you hear all those products hitting my cart?! I LOVE this and need those Mama Elephant dies. :)

Angela said...

Karren, this is an excellently done handsome tag!

Becca Cruger said...

Oooo! I love the colors on the sky. It just makes it such a wintry feel. Very cute tag!

OH Babs said...

This is a great tag. I like all the layers of die cuts and love the sky treatment.

Marika said...

Wonderful tag! I love your inked sky!

Jen Mitchell said...

The sponged sky is amazing. It really looks like a beautiful night sky. And the snowman, with his matching top hat, is perfect!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Darling!! So very cute snowman tag. Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Karren! Love the beautiful background and sweet snowman!

Heather North said...

This is such a pretty color combination! I love your adorable tag!

SonjaK said...

Such a cute tag, Great color combination on the background!

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE! You are certainly the Queen of creating amazing background!

Greta said...

Gorgeous background--love this tag!

Viv said...

Fabulous tag Karren, I love the colours you used too ;) Viv xx

Samra said...

WOW! What a stunning tag! Love the color combo :) I am your new follower :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous background shading! Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Kim S said...

I adore your color choices! A truly elegant sky for that sweet little snowman.

Mary Marsh said...

love your night sky-this is a great tag-thanks for joining in with us at the Card Concept tag challenge

cheiron said...

So pretty! The inking is amazing. Thank you so much for playing along with the Christmas/Holidays Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog with us this week :)

Cindy Lovell said...

This Tag is amazing Karren!!! I love the night sky,looks so pretty!!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

UnePetiteFemmeFatale said...

I like your scrap-work!
So lovelt snowman :)