Thursday 14 May 2015

Hey There

It's time for my favorite sketch challenge - Freshly Made Sketches!  This week, our hostess is the wonderful and clever Jen Brum.

And here's Jen's sketch:


I received the Bird Crazy set some weeks ago and was a bit too intimidated to break it open and color one of those adorable birds.  On the weekend, though, I finally colored up a bird in a very simplistic way and put him on my card.


I really just had a bit of fun with this card and stenciled some brickwork on the bottom panel and stamped the Script Stripes stamp on the top panel.  I then went looking for a sentiment to fit between the lines and came up with Sentiment Sampler.

The bird is popped up on foam tape to give a bit of dimension.


Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have done some amazing things with this sketch so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Bird Crazy (Stampers Anonymous), Script Stripes (SSS), Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Green Apple (SSS), Gathered Twigs (Distress), Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, Vanilla, X-press It
Accessories:  Copics, Mini Brick Stencil (Crafters Workshop), Blueprints 18 (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Unknown said...

A real fun take on the sketch, love the little bird. Karen x

Linda Callahan said...

This is beyond cute! Love the brickwork and that funky funny bird!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE this fabulous, funky card! The brickwork and the bird rock! X

Jen Mitchell said...

I think you did a great job coloring that crazy bird! And I love the combo of the stripes and bricks - so graphic!

Lesley said...

He is awesome and I love the way you coloured him!

Amy O said...

That bird cracks me up -- I just love the look on its face. Your coloring is beautiful, as is your stenciling. Fun card, Karren!

Hannelie said...

I LOVE the look on that bird's face!
Also love your card. Fab colours Karren!

Stampingcountry said...

That's so stinkin' cute! Love the strips and the bricks in the background.

Cindy Lovell said...

I love this card,Karren!! Awesome coloring and i love the background!! Just awesome!!

Jen Brum said...

Karen, this card is amazing! I love that bird and you've coloured him perfectly! You guys are making me want that bird!!! Love the colours and the stripes and bricks look amazing together! So creative!

Cindy said...

This is so awesome, Karren! You know I'm not crazy about Bird Crazy, but you've made him so adorable. I love the way you did the green-yellow on the coloring... so realistic. Great pairing with the DSPs too!

Rita W said...

LOVE it!!!! I seriously love those birds. I think you did a great job with him. Love the sentiment with it too!

Marika said...

Stunning Karren!! LOVED that brick wall and that bird is "roundly" perfect for that sketch! :D

Jill Norwood said...

Love your sweetly colored bird on this wonderful card!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

These birds really do make me smile! You've coloured him to perfection and I love the way you've used your brick background to fit the sketch!

SonjaK said...

Those birds really make my day - always! Love the way you've colored him and the differend sponged backgrounds you've combined him with.