Sunday 8 November 2015

Grid Thanks

Today's card was one I came up with and executed quickly (for me!)  I wanted to play along with the challenge at Less is More which is "Fire" and the Thanks challenge at Simon Says Stamp.  As well, I'm entering for the first time into Virginia's View Challenge which has a theme of texture this month.


I took a piece of watercolor paper and white-embossed Hero Arts' Graph Background stamp.  Once that was done, I used the ink smooshing technique to smoosh different yellow and orange inks in the bottom right corner.  I then dripped a solution of  Perfect Pearls and water to give a subtle shimmer.

The panel was then die-cut with a pierced rectangle die.  The sentiment is white-embossed and comes from a brand-new-to-me set  by CTMH called A Thousand Thanks.  I can see I'm going to get a lot of use out of this set!


Thanks for visiting!


We'd love you to display our banner

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Products used:

Stamps:  Graph Background (Hero Arts), A Thousand Thanks (CTMH)
Ink:  Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon (Distress), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Watercolor
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Perfect Pearls

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was in Virginia's wrap up post.

19 comments:

nms54 said...

What a sharp looking card! I've seen a few smooshing tutorials but their results don't look as nice as yours. I wonder if it's the grid that makes the difference?

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love those vibrant colours combined with all that white and black sentiment!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Brilliant card, I do love the grid pattern, it adds that extra something.


Love and hugs
Maarit

Lynne said...

Fabulous design.
Lynne xxx

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! Just wow! Every time I come here I love what I see and every time I come here what I see is better than the last time I was here! You are one amazing crafter my friend! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Kathyk said...

I really (REALLY) like this slightly grungy take on the fire theme - fabulous

Kathyk

Hannelie said...

I LOVE the effect! Stunning vibrant colors!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Karren, love the grid patten beneath those fiery tones, super effective, super CAS and I love it!
thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! Great color! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Unknown said...

Love your card Karren :-)

Cardsbymaaike said...

love the bold and graphic feel of your card, fab!

Kim S said...

What a fabulous look!

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous Karren, the colours are simply perfect for our fiery challenge and the design is awesome!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning!! I LOVE the simplicity of the card and the fun smooshing technique!!

Anne said...

Ooh this is striking and stylish! Love the white emboss covered by fiery smooshing!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Rosemary said...

absolutely amazing card!!

Neets B said...

Your smooshing looks so effective through the embossed grid background, fabulous card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Virginia L. said...

I adore the colors and use of grid! The embossed textures really come through! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Textures”! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!