Tuesday 26 July 2016

Birthday Bunny

Hi and welcome!  I'm down to the wire tonight, getting my card posted before the MFT Sketch Challenge closes.  I also used the colors from the MFT Color Challenge and that closes in a day or so.   I'm also linking up to the Texture challenge at Simon Says Stamp.  I don't do texture like the beautiful examples from the design team, but my stenciling adds a nice texture to the background of my card.  My card also meets the Make a Birthday Card challenge at Can You Case It.


 I actually had this card pretty much made on the weekend, but had to assemble it, which I did tonight.  I used the adorable Snuggle Bunnies stamp set, as well as Sweet Birthday Wishes for the balloons and The Whole Herd for the sentiment.  The bunny and balloons were colored with Copics and the Nightshift Blue card base was stenciled with the Large Grid stencil and some translucent embossing paste.


I think this card would be quite suitable for a young boy, so I left off any sequins and embellishments.

Thanks for visiting.



Simon Monday Challenge Blog

CYCI#130 FS

Products used:

Stamps:  Snuggle Bunnies, The Whole Herd, Sweet Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Nightshift Blue, Poppy, Blu Raspberry
Dies:  Snuggle Bunnies, Sweet Birthday Wishes, Blueprints 29, Inside Out Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax
Accessories:  Large Grid Stencil (MFT), Translucent Embossing Paste, Copics, White EP, white gel pen

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card and what an awesome background, love to see your lovely cards in my blog feed :)

Kayla said...

This is such a cute card, Karren! I love the texture on the background, and especially on that dark blue cardstock. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Can You Case It! – Kayla

Jeanne Bobish said...

Adorable card! Love the background technique and the cute little bunny! Thanks for joining us at CYCI this week! Jeanne

Amber said...

Wow that color just POPS with this fun card! Some"bunny" is gonna love this card! Thanks for playing along with CYCI! ~Amber

I Card Everyone said...

OH so much fun! LOve the embossed panel, Karren!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

I just bought this stencil, and had no idea how much potential it has...your background is so striking, and it looks like black 'Patent Leather'! Beautiful Copic coloring on your images and fabulous take on the sketch! Such a fun card, Karren!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, that shiny stencilling is just great, Karren and makes a beautiful bg on the black!!! Love your cute as can be little bunny with his lovely balloons!!! Such a sweet card - LOVE it!!!
Have a great day!!
Hugz

char said...

Hi Karren, Your card is super cute!!! Your coloring is AWESOME and I love your embossed stencil background! Thanks for playing with us at CYCI this week. Char

Rosemary said...

WOW!!! seriously amazing card, karren!! love the translucent embossing paste and your perfect coloring!!

Catherine said...

Ooo, I love the black on black texture! The bunny and balloons are colored so beautifully too. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Eva Bussom said...

Adorable, I love your coloring! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva