Friday 19 August 2016

Blended Music

Hi!  It's Friday evening and I've had a few minutes to sit down tonight and craft.  I made a card for the current Addicted to CAS challenge with a cue word of Music and I'm also linking up to Seize the Birthday.


I knew I wanted to do an emboss resist background using a sheet music background stamp but I didn't want to use my go-to distress blends of yellow/orange or blue/green.  So I had a look at my Pinterest board and found a beautiful blend by Tammy Tutterow and decided to try that.  I would never have thought to combine pink, blue and green but it looks really fresh and light.

I stuck with a tried and true layout and kept the embellishments really simple - a white-embossed sentiment tag and a few clear sequins.  I framed the background with a thin black mat to keep the light colors from disappearing into the white card base.


Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Stamps:  Sheet Music Background, The Whole Herd (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Bundled Sage Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, black, watercolor
Dies:  Blueprints 20
Accessories:  White EP, sequins

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Addicted to CAS

12 comments:

SonjaK said...

Such a beautiful soft ink blended background! Love this so much. So happy you tried this.

Lyn said...

Wow that is gorgeous, love the soft blend. Brilliant card

I Card Everyone said...

It is gorgeous with just those three lovely colors, Karren! LOve that musical stamp - whose is it?!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous color combo, Karren! Your musical notes background is perfect for emboss resist, and of course, for this week's code word! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karren, love the resist blending look. So soft and pretty

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, karren... love the ink blended background... so lovely!

Nancy said...

Your blending background looks terrific! Such a nice card Karren! Thanks for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday.

Cat Craig said...

The ink blending and emboss resist is so lovely here, and your black sentiment strip sets everything off so nicely.

Susan Powell said...

I know a few people that this card would be perfect for - this is beautiful!!

Kim S said...

So soft and beautiful! I have many musical friends so it's into my inspiration file!

Isbaha said...

Amazing card, it's just stunning!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love your embossed music background and the resist technique. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.