Friday 14 April 2017

Tutu Celebration

Hi!  My eye is almost healed and I'm back to making cards - yay!  Thanks to everyone who expressed concern and well-wishes.  It was so nice to get back into the craft room.

I made this card for my niece's birthday, which I missed last week due to my eye.  I had actually made her another card, but my Hero Arts monthly kit arrived yesterday, so I had to ink it up and make another card which I think she'll like more.


I used the colors from Color Throwdown and created a shaker card.  The background is watercolored oxide inks in Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint.  The tutu is colored with coral-colored Copics and the sentiment is embossed with green embossing powder.

Because it's for a little girl, I went with the More is More philosophy regarding bling 😃


Thanks so much for visiting!


Products used:

Stamps:  MMH Apr 17 (Hero Arts), Shenanigans (CASual Fridays)
Ink:  Versamark, Intense Black (HA), Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint Distress Oxides
Cardstock:  White, watercolor, acetate
Dies:  MMH (HA), Peek-a-boo Wonky Windows (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, sequins, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Wild Wasabi EP (SU)

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Aileen said...

So pretty Karren, love the tutu and how you did the shaker section.

Dotty Jo said...

Such a pretty card! Glad to hear your eye is much improved, Jo x

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! Love the colors and the wonky square for the shaker! Glad you are improving!

Susi said...

I too couldn't resist this lovely MMH kit and love how you used it for your card - perfect for your niece's special day! Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Barb Ghig said...

Your niece is going to love this card, Karren! Your tutu is so cute and creating a shaker is sure to make her smile! I love that you used the Wonky Window on this design...it works perfectly!

Susanne Vargas said...

Glad to hear that your eye is healing and you are back in the stamp room! This card is absolutely adorable and sparkly and I am certain your niece will be thrilled with it!

Hannelie said...

I love this month's MMH set! That little tutu is so sweet!
gorgeous shaker!

Jen Mitchell said...

I am sure your niece will love this girly card! The tutu is fantastic with the shaker background!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You eye has not affected your card making at all! This card is sooooo pretty! Glad you're on the mend xxx

Petra Swart said...

So happy for you that your eye is 100% again, Karren!!!! And you've made such a sweet shaker for your niece!!!! Oh, I love everything about this very pretty card!!! That tutu is sooooo cute and it works perfectly with the shaker and the bold sentiment and all the bling is gorgeous!!!! Any young girl would be so excited to receive this card!!!! Wonderfully done!!!!
Hugz