Friday 16 February 2018

Spring Bouquet


Welcome to another challenge from Fusion!  Today we have a beautiful Spring-themed photo inspiration and a fun sketch.
I chose to stick with the photo this time, although I did take elements of the sketch and add them to my card.





I colored up a whole heap of images from the Spring Flowers set and die-cut them with the matching dies.  I then arranged them in a bouquet, trying to mimic the photo with the layout of the foliage and flowers.  My trusty Press n Seal came to the rescue, holding the bouquet in place while I worked on the rest of the card.

What is hard to see in the photo is the background on the gray cardstock panels.  I stamped a tiny scripty background stamp onto the gray with Perfect Medium ink then brushed over Pink Gumball Perfect Pearls.  It gives a lovely pink shimmer.  I cut a sliver of the gray and added it to the card base slightly under the main layer, just for some added interest.  I then positioned the flowers and the extra little dots before stamping the sentiment and adding the final die-cut "you". 



The "you" and all the flowers were painted with clear sparkle pen.  Here's a photo where you can hopefully see the Perfect Pearls shimmer a bit better:



Thanks for visiting!  The design team have made some gorgeous cards, so I hope you'll head on over and check them out.  I'm linking this up to the Use a Die-Cut challenge at Simon Says Stamp




Products used:

Stamps:  Spring Flowers, You Matter (SSS), Pretty Poppies (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Steel Gray (MFT)
Dies:  Spring Flowers, You Matter (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, Pink Gumball Perfect Pearls

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card Karren - love the design - actually everything about it!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren I adore that stamp... I have the Poinsettia version, but not the Spring - gorgeous card, fabulous front door!!
=]

Kara Lynne said...

I just love how you combined all those flowers together to make such a gorgeous spray! I love your pink/green/grey combination! I have that set and now I feel like pulling it out to play!

Linda Callahan said...

Yeow.....those pink flowers take gorgeous to a whole new level! Beautiful bouquet.....beautiful card!

Barb Ghig said...

Your floral bouquet is gorgeous, Karren! I love the scripty background and how you added perfect pearls for a shimmery finish! I also adore your sentiment and of course your always amazing Copic coloring!

Jen Mitchell said...

That Perfect Pearls shimmer is fantastic! What a great idea to carry the pink-ish theme over to the gray. And the spray of flowers is so beautiful. This is a lovely card.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karren! I love how you've added the elements from the Spring Flowers, they look so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Lucille K said...

What a beautiful floral bouquet. I love the green and pink colors you used :)