I decided that the sand dunes from the December My Monthly Hero Kit worked perfectly for the angled panel and the people on the flying carpet worked for the star element. Those pieces were easy to pull together, even though both people and the mat are all separate images that required some masking, fussy cutting and partial die-cutting. That's where the easy part ended! I had originally created a sponged sunset scene for the background and flicked on white acrylic paint and let it dry. I put the card together and what a hot mess! I ended up cutting it all apart and walking away from it for a couple of days.
Then two days before the challenge was due to go live and I still didn't have a card, so I decided to revert to type and added the rescued pieces from the original card to a white card base and called it done! What is hard to see in the photos is that I added three layers of foam tape behind both people to create a curved mat to look like it was flying.
Stamps: My Monthly Hero (Hero Arts)
Ink: Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock: White, X-Press It
Dies: MMH (Hero Arts)
Accessories: Copic Markers