Friday 23 November 2018

Cosy Christmas

Hi all and thanks for popping by!  It's time for a new challenge at Fusion and this time we have a wonderful homely inspiration pic or a CAS and fun sketch.


I created a fusion and came up with this card - inspired by the woollens in the photo and the pop of red against the neutrals.


I used a new-to-me set called Cozy Christmas by Concord & 9th and an old-to-me (!) set called Spruce & Sprigs by PTI.  I see that my teamie Jen used the same Spruce & Sprig sets to create her gorgeous card so be sure to check that out on the challenge blog.

The sentiment was white embossed onto some Cherry Crisp cardstock and then adhered onto a Grout Gray panel which was dry-embossed with the Knitted Pattern embossing folder.  I stamped the foliage and berries with MFT inks and arranged them to fit to the right of the sentiment.  Once that was all glued down, the whole panel was adhered to a white top-fold card base.  


I really wanted to color the berries with clear sparkle pen, but I've had an unfortunate accident in the past coloring over red ink with a sparkle pen which caused the ink to bleed, so I left well enough alone.

Here's a close up of the dry embossing.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the rest of the DT cards as they're all beautiful, as always.

Products used:

Stamps:  Cozy Christmas (Concord & 9th), Spruce & Sprigs (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark, Jellybean green, Cherry Crisp (MFT)
Cardstock:  White, Grout Gray, Cherry Crisp (MFT)
Dies:  Spruce & Sprigs (PTI)
Accessories:  White EP, Knitted Pattern EF (Richard Garay)

Cheers
Karren





6 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Ha ha - great minds! At least you didn't go crazy with all those spruces and sprigs like I did! And I love that embossed background. It's like a comfy and cozy sweater!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Karren Love the embossed background. The whole design sings

Aileen said...

beautiful card, I love the embossed background, have been looking for that embossing folder, gives such an amazing finish to the card.

Linda Callahan said...

So beautiful! Loving the embossing! Cozy card!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with the Spruce and Sprigs set, Karren! It works so well with your fabulous sentiment and that gorgeous embossed background! As always, you really knocked it outta the park, my friend!

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh, wow, this is so gorgeous! Love the sweater theme you have going on with your elements!