Friday 11 January 2019

Fusion Anniversary

Hi!  I'm here with a card for the latest Fusion challenge.  It's our 5th anniversary challenge and we're kicking off the year by each inviting a guest to join us.  My guest is the super-talented Ksenija Rizova and the card she has created is just gorgeous.  I hope you'll head over to her blog and let her know how beautiful her card is.



For my card, I sort of created a fusion but didn't follow the sketch 100%.


Onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock, I white embossed several butterflies as well as some dots and rings to fill in the gaps.  After heat-embossing, I blended on a rainbow of distress ink colors before working on the rest of the card.

I adhered the butterfly panel to a white top-folding card base and then added some vellum, adhering it down the left side only.  On top of that I added some black and white striped paper and a white cardstock strip.  Both of these were adhered with foam tape.  Finally I stamped the sentiment, from CAS-ual Friday's Big Thanks set and finished with some sparkling clear confetti.








And, as a special celebration, CAS-ual Fridays have offered us a $25 gift code to give away to one randomly drawn entrant in this challenge, so I hope you'll join us.

Thanks so much for visiting.

Products used:

Stamps:  Blissful Butterflies (MFT), Scenery:  Big Bang Confetti (Winnie & Walter); Big Thanks (CAS-ual Fridays)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, Vellum, B&W Stripes (MFT)
Dies:  Pierced Circle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Sparkling Clear Confetti (Pretty Pink Posh)

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Dear Karren, thank you so much for inviting me as your guest. Your card is beautiful, I love the contrast between the striped panel and soft muted look of the card base. - Sweet Kobylkin

I Card Everyone said...

There's that perfectly perfect slip of vellum making everything look all dreamy and wonderful... gorgeous, Karren!! LOve your design - that wonderful bold sentiment, and black stripe, adds just that bit of pow factor!
=]

Betty said...

the vellum over the colored butterflies is just so pretty - love the softness and contrast it gives against the black and white

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you created a 'dreamy' effect on this card, Karren! Your butterflies are so pretty and they really pop against your blended background! I also love how you added the vellum panel and diagonal diagonal stripes...WOW! Such a striking take on the inspiration photo!
I am so proud to be celebrating Fusion's 5th anniversary as a DT member...thank you so much for having me :)

Linda Callahan said...

Your inked panel is fabulous.....so soft and pretty! The vellum panel adds the perfect softness! Gorgeous card!

Michelle Lupton said...

Love this - so soft and ethereal!

Dawn T said...

this is simply delightful and a beautiful fusion of the sketch and the inspiration photo. The background is so soft and pretty. Love the sentiment!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Karren, that rainbow blend looks absolutely AMAZING! Love the color palette and the way the butterflies seem to float on air!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is lovely. The soft panel with the butterflies looks fantastic with the black and white stripe.

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the pairing of bold, clean and graphic elements with the soft, whimsical rainbow panel! Terrific card, Karren!

Jen Timko said...

This is is marvelous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! I love your distressed background - it's super cool and so effective!

Kim S said...

What a beautifully soft panel! LOVE it against the black and white.