Thursday 1 August 2019

Flowery Thanks

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge day, where our hostess this week is Jen Brum.  And here is her sketch.


I went with a flowery card this week and came up with this design.


The flowers were stamped and die-cut and then put to one side while I worked on the card base.  A grout gray square base was cut to 4 1/2" square and a white panel was die-cut with a mod square stax die.  I arranged the flowers inside each cutout and then stamped the sentiment before adhering to the card base with foam tape.



Thanks for visiting.  The DT have some gorgeous cards so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Budding Thanks (Altenew)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Grout Gray (MFT)
Dies:  Budding Thanks (Altenew) Mod Square Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Karren

9 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

This is lovely, Karren! The mod square shape looks like a petal and is perfect for framing your flowers.

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning Karen!! I have these stamps and would NEVER have thought to use them like this. Beautiful design!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous flowers, Karren! I love those pretty shades of yellow and that you chose Grout Gray for your background...it really makes everything pop! Great idea to use the Mod Squares for your apertures, too...A really stunning take on the sketch, as always!
Thinking of you, my friend...Barb xx

Jen Brum said...

I love this card Karen! I love the cut out little windows and those beautiful yellow flowers. Your card is so cheery looking!

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Karren. The flowers peeking out of the squares look great.

Kim S said...

I love those soft colors - beautiful with the hint of gray in the background.

Linda Callahan said...

These yellow flowers are glorious! Beautiful with the gray!

Narelle Farrugia said...

My favourite card with those stunning flowers peaking out from the cut outs - your card is truly stunning!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful card! The yellow flowers are just lovely. And those mod squares had me searching my stash to see if if I had something similar....I don't. :(