Thursday 5 September 2019

Leafy Hello


Hi and welcome to sketch 401 from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  After our celebration month, we are back to having a team-member create the sketch and be the week's hostess and this week that person is Cecile Ribon.  Check out her fun sketch:

I went pretty literal with the sketch to come up with this card.


I embossed the leaf canopy stamps with gray embossing powder and then die-cut with the co-ordinating die.    Onto a square panel of Grout Gray cardstock I die-cut the stitched dot circle dies, offsetting the smaller one a tad.  I adhered that panel to a white top-folding square card and then arranged the leaf sprigs on foam tape.  The sentiment was white-embossed and then die-cut with a Mod Square Stax die before also being added with foam tape.


I had originally intended this card to be another thank you card but couldn't find a sentiment to fit, so ended up with a neutral hello card.  To brighten it up a bit, I added some peach sequins.

Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the wonderful cards from the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Leaf Canopy (Altenew), Happy Mail (Gina K Designs)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Grout Gray, Black Licorice (MFT)
Dies:  Leaf Canopy (Altenew), Stitched Dot Circles, Mod Square Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Smoky Slate EP (SU), Peach Sequins

12 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Karen, I just love this card! It's beautiful in every detail and the neutral colors are fabulous with the light and airy feel.

I Card Everyone said...

it's 'literal' perfection from my view, Karren!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

So classy and elegant! Love it!

Barb Ghig said...

I love that you chose the leaf canopy stamp and die set for this sketch, Karren, and your neutral color palette is so pretty! Another really beautiful card, my friend! Sending big hugs to you ~ ♥

Dawn T said...

such a beautiful card Karren. Lovely take on the sketch.

Nora Noll said...

What a FUN way to use the stitching dies. LOVE this design!!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just gorgeous Karren! I love the neutral colours and those leaves! The diecut circles are fantastic! Such an elegant card!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love your neutral palette, Karren! The sentiment fits so perfectly in mod square panel.

Jen Mitchell said...

Great card! I love the dotted die-cut circles and your bold leaves.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunning card Karren! I love the different textures and the cool neutrals all finished off perfectly with those peachy coloured sequins.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Your card is wonderful, Karren, as always. I don't get around as much as I want to, but you do knock it out of the park every week. And grut gray is in my craft room because of you, lol! Love it!

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with your elegant take on the sketch, Karren. The subtle color palette looks so classy.