Thursday 7 November 2019

Strength Butterfly

Hi and welcome to another challenge from the Freshly Made Sketches team.  Our hostess this week is Linda Callahan and here is her sketch:



And here is my card using Linda's sketch.



This was not the card I had in mind when I sat down to create but this is how it ended up.  I didn't make it for anyone, but in looking at it, I think maybe I made it for me.  Losing my son has brought me to my knees and I'm struggling to get back up.  I haven't made any Christmas cards and I won't be sending any this year.  I have no desire to celebrate Christmas.  Matthew's birthday is one week before Christmas and I'm already dreading December.



I used my favourite background stamp to white emboss onto a panel and then sponge with Fog ink.  I also splattered some Fog ink onto the panel.  Onto the background I used Fog ink to stamp multiple butterflies.  The orange butterfly is popped up on foam tape.

Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Papillon (Tim Holtz), Essential Sentiments (MFT), Dream Big (Altenew)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Sunkissed, Orange Cream (Altenew), Fog (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Inside/Out Stitched Squares (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful card and perfect for you, Karren! I think you should put it in a special place in your studio with your lovely message and stunning design!
Please know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...Sending big hugs, Barb xx

Nora Noll said...

Oh Karen!! I am so sorry. Big hugs!! Your card is GORGEOUS and I like that you made it for YOU. Sometimes that is what we need to do. The soft, butterfly background is fantastic and I love the orange pop of the main butterfly. Beautiful design.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautifully done....your talent is amazing and I hope it brings you some comfort to create....you are in my heart girl...xoxo

Dawn T said...

So pretty Karren. Great take on the sketch. Your colour scheme is beautiful.

ddc designs said...

Incredibly sorry for your loss. Your card is absolutely beautiful. Best Regards.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card Karren! I just love that butterfly and the embossed background! Know you're thought of and prayed for often. Sending you hugs across the miles!

Cindy Beach said...

I came to comment on your beautiful card. Wish I could wrap arms of comfort around you, Karren. Please know you will be in my thoughts and in my prayers that the God of all comfort will encourage your heart. A friend helped me once by reminding me that grieving is hard work.

Your art work is gorgeous. I agree, set this in a prominent spot and let it remind you how special you are.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card, Karren! I wish I could give you a hug.

Kim S said...

I hope you find some moments of peace while creating your cards - even if it's just a brief moment. I do think this card was meant for you.