Thursday 20 May 2021

Pearly Hello

 Hi all and welcome to another Freshly Made Sketch Challenge where our hostess this week is Jacquie Southas.  I decided to go a bit technique-y with my card and came up with this:



I have had Perfect Pearl pigment powder for years and years and years and it was so cool to see Jennifer McGuire use them to create fun backgrounds.  So I had a go and came up with this background which I used for today's sketch.



I die-cut a black panel and a silver foil panel with a curved border die and ran the black panel through the Subtle EF.  I adhered both panels onto the Perfect Pearl background with foam tape and then onto a white card base.  The sentiment was die-cut three times from white and once from black gloss cardstock and stacked together before being added to the card with foam tape.


Thanks for visiting.  The DT have gorgeous cards so I hope you'll check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Crackle Background (SSS)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Black, Silver Foil, White, Black Gloss
Dies:  Stitched Basis Edges (MFT), Bold Greetings (Altenew)
Accessories:  Blue Patina Perfect Pearl, Green Patina Perfect Pearl, Subtle EF (SU)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That background is so glam! Gorgeous with the stylish hello! I need to watch that video because I think I have some of that pearly stuff somewhere!

Amy O said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! That background is incredible! A stunning card, Karren!

I Card Everyone said...

oo la la, it's stunning, Karren!!! LOve the crackle, and your colors!
=]

Dawn T said...

what a gorgeous shimmery card Karren. It's fantastic.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous background, Karren! I love the shimmer from the Perfect Pearls and the crackle pattern is fabulous! Awesome font on your sentiment, too...it works so well with your design! As always, you've really knocked it outta the park, my friend ~ xx

Jen Brum said...

This card is so gorgeous Karen! That background is so stunning. I don't have a clue how you'd even go about creating that! So fun!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you framed the perfect pearls background! Fabulous technique, Karren.

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I LOVE the colors and the crackle. GORGEOUS design!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This background is absolutely amazing, Karren! I love this pearly effect and your card is so unique and artsy.