Thursday 18 July 2024

Willow Wishes

 Hi and welcome to a new sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess this week is Jen Brum.  I am still not feeling very creative after my break from card-making so this is a pretty simple card - that still took forever to pull together!

I'll just say upfront that I completely missed where the sentiment should go, so just ignore that little error, please.


The background is the result of a foiling mistake where I placed the plate upside down on my Glimmer.  This is the negative and I like the soft, abstract look of this.  But I can't remember what plate I used so I'll never be able to recreate this!  The pussy willows were ink-blended when I was away from home recently and I decided instead of a circle, to use two tags.


Thanks for visiting.  The design team have some gorgeous samples to inspire you to play along.




Products used:

Stamps:  Envelope of Wonder Sentiments (Spellbinders
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, various Altenew inks
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Botanicuts: Pussy Willow (The Greetery), Tags (Spellbinders Advent Calendar 2023)
Accessories:  Baker's Twine, Pacific Northwest Pearls (Honey Bee Stamps)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love the error of your ways, Karren!! HA - this is exactly what my shim looks like from my first attempt at negative foiling - oops!
It sure does make a pretty place to park your pussy willows!
=]

Dawn T said...

Your background looks stunning and doesn't overtake the gorgeous pussy willows. A great card Karren.

kiwimeskreations said...

A really pretty card Karen, despite your 'adventures' in the making of it
Blessings
Maxine

Jen Brum said...

This card is so pretty Karren! I love your little hot foiling mistake! It looks perfect as a background! Such sweet pussy willows as well! This card will make someone smile!

Amy O said...

Your background is beautiful! I never would have guessed it was a mistake. And I love how you used these sweet little tags with the sketch.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card! I love the background - however it came to be!

Jen Timko said...

Talk about a lemons into lemonade opportunity. That background is super cool and I love it with your branches. Such a great card!

lichazul said...

Beautiful colors great details, congrats 😊💐 have a great day

Cécile RIBON said...

Simple but absolutely perfect! And you know what, the simplest a card is, the longest it took to have it done! That's defintely the tricky part of CAS designs