Thursday, 23 July 2026

Citrus Christmas

Hi and welcome to another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess this week is Jen Mitchell.  Turns out I mis-interpreted Jen's sketch from the final design so do as I say, not as I do this week... 

I wasn't planning on making a Christmas card when I pulled out these Dried Citrus Slices dies but that's what happened.


I started by creating the citrus slices, which I was intending to use for the scallop element on the sketch.  From there it just morhped into a Christmas card, with ephemera tags, die-cut holly sprig and vintage-looking patterned paper.  I added some ink-blending round the edges of the embossed panel and the patterned paper, but didn't do any distressing in keeping with the clean theme at FMS.



Thanks so much for visiting and to everyone who left heartfelt comments on my post from last week, thank you.  It meant a lot.

Please check out the fabulous cards from the rest of the design team.






Products used:

Stamps:  Curio Labels (The Greetery)
Ink: Walnut Stain DOX, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss, Aged Mahogany, Festive Berries, Pine Needles, Rustic Wilderness, Antique Linen, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks
Cardstock: White, Desert Storm, Christmas Backdrops patterned paper (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Bigger Botanicals Holly 1, Dried Citrus Slices (The Greetery)
Accessories: Burlap EF (Honey Bee Stamps), Sepia Serenity Ephemera (Aall & Create)

Cheers
Karren

If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me


2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, since oranges were always a treat in our Christmas stockings, your orange slices on this gorgeous card make perfect sense to me! Fantastic plaid, LOve the kraft card and the touch of vintage style here!
=]

donna mikasa said...

Aren't those Greetery citrus slices the best? I love the pops of color they add to your card, especially against that gorgeous plaid!