This card was the second one I've made since he passed. The first was for my daughter's 24th birthday last week and, fair to say, it was a pretty crappily executed card, but she liked it so that's all that matters. This card didn't involve a lot of original thinking. I used the colour scheme for the daisies from the packaging and then chose a colour combo from the Colour Cubes.
Thanks for visiting. This card uses the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and Jennifer Timko is our sketch hostess this week so I hope you'll check out her card as well as all the fabulous cards made by this wonderful design team.
Products used:
Ink: Berrylicious, Acai Berry, Honey Drizzle, Andromeda (Altenew)
Cardstock: White, Black, Acorn (Spellbinders), Grapevine (Altenew)
Dies: Inside/Out Stitched Squares (MFT), Always and Forever BetterPress Plate and die (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Lush Botanicals: African Daisy Embossing Folder and dies, Paper Rhythm Embossing Folder (Altenew), white hot foil
Cheers
Karren
If you enjoyed this post and would like an email when I post new content, please follow me



10 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss, Karren! I pray that time will ease the sorrow. Your card is so beautiful! I love the colors of these fantastic daisies! Those centers really make them stand out and the embossing adds wonderful detail and texture!
Your flowers are gorgeous - love the color! Sending lots of love xoxox
I am so very sorry about your husband's passing. The card is gorgeously elegant.
You are so strong, Karren, and I was happy to see your gorgeous card in the gallery. I hope you don't lose the joy of card making, and take one day at a time and remember to make time for yourself, always.
So sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your husband. What an awful shock it must have been. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card, it must be hard to get back to some sort of normality, especially with the sad connection to your craft room. Be kind to yourself xxx
It's a beautiful card and I hope you eventually find some peace in your craft room.
Karren, I am happy that you are back to stamping again because I love seeing everything you make and hope the crafting will be a therapy for you. More importantly, I want to express my sorrow to learn of your great loss and to extend warm hugs and sympathies for all you are going through.
Oh no!! I am so sorry for your loss!!! I can understand your lack of motivation to craft. I know I have trouble feeling creative when I have terrible things going on. This card is GORGEOUS!! I love the pretty flowers you used and your embossed background.
Your shading on these flowers really is spectacular and I love the color choice. I hope that stamping can move towards something good for you instead of bringing sadness. But that will take time, I'm sure. Sending you so many hugs.
Wow! Your colouring is simply stunning! You are a master at making things look realistic!
Post a Comment