Tuesday 29 September 2015

Chevron Coffee

Hi, I'm joining in with the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop today, as well as the ColourQ challenge and The Paper Players sketch challenge.

When I first saw Claire's sketch, I had zero ideas, but then it slowly came together into this card - not sure that it 100% meets the sketch, but I think you can see the sketch :)


I started with a Slate card base and down the left hand side I stamped the script image and a leaf image from French Foliage - one of my favorite SU sets.  I then die cut a frame from Smoke cardstock and again stamped the script image down the left hand side.

The chevron and the band on the coffee cup are white panels sponged with distress ink then spritzed with water.  After die-cutting the coffee cup, I sponged the sides to give the impression of roundness.  A stacked die-cut sentiment and my card was finished.



Thanks for visiting.

11638805_10207927413971348_1249712840_o



Products used:

Stamps:  French Foliage (SU)
Ink:  Slate, Smoke (SSS), Rusty Hinge, Fossilized Amber (Distress), 
Cardstock:  Smoke, Slate (SSS), White
Accessories:  Painted Hello die (SSS), Pierced Rectangle Frame (MFT), Coffee Cup die (MFT), Triple Chevies die (Reverse Confetti), rhinestone

Cheers
Karren

35 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome, love the gray and orange combination!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Terrific color combination! Love the orange and dark greys!
Take care!
Michele

Ceal said...

fabulous card, great design!

An'Jenic G. said...

Love your use of the colors. CUTE!

None None said...

Wow!! This is AMAZING!! I love your card with the chevron and I can definitely see the PP sketch. Such a great take on the sketch and I love the background stamping on the base panel - it really adds such a subtle detail.

DIANA L. said...

What a fun graphic card I love the orange!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

LeAnne said...

Wowza, this is stunning (I wouldn't think that you would create anything less, LOL!)...the colors, the bold graphics, everything is wonderful together! So happy you shared this with us this week!

New Creations said...

Lovely color combo and love all the graphics with a great design!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is very unique - I really like it!

VanessaB said...

Cool unique design. Great colors

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the bold pop of orange and that amazing chevron background!

Lisa Elton said...

The slate and pumpkin orange look great together!! I can see the sketch, terrific design. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

Sylvia said...

Fun coffee card, Karren, cool design! So glad you played with us at the colourQ and joined in the fun at the bloghop! Happy hopping!

Suchi said...

OMG..what a stunning card it is Karren!! I LOVEEEE that chevron and that coffee...the colors rock too! :)
Suchi xx

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - FABULOUS card!!!
LOVE your colour combo and design, the chevrons look AWESOME, as does your inky coffee cup!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is too cool! Love every detail!

Shelly said...

Oooh, awesome!!

Julia Aston said...

What a great design! love the pop of the orange!

Hetty said...

Happy Coffee Day! Lovely card!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this.....the subtle stamping in the background is great and the Orange pops! Cool chevrons!

Helen F. said...

Love the bold bright stripes

~amy~ said...

Oh my...this is spectacular...love the added stamping on the base..just perfect.

Marlena M. said...

Super jazzy design~I love it!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, I think you rocked the sketch! I love this graphic creation! That orange is just WOW! Thank you for joining my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

D.Ann C said...

What a fab layout and colors!!

Happy Dance said...

FANTASTIC card. This is a great design in wonderful colors. Just love this!!! Love it!!!!!! Bev

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fantastically creative interpretation of this week's sketch Karren - it works for me! Love the bold orange diagonal stripes too. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Players this week!

Cindy C. said...

Cool graphical design!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LOVE everything about your card!! Thanks so much for the inspiration, Karren!

Brandi R said...

Fantastic color combo! Love the layout ♥

Lisa said...

Striking! Love the colors and the spritzed distress inks add a lot of interest...

Helen Gullett said...

FANTASTIC card! Great color and design. Love it!

AmethystCat said...

what a cool graphically designed card! neat chevron!

Annie said...

Beautiful card and love that script stamping on the background! Thanks for sharing this inspiration! ~Annie

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I haven't got a handle on using chevrons yet...but very unique and love your card.