Tuesday 22 September 2015

North Pole

Hi and welcome!  Today's challenge at Merry Monday is to use watercoloring on your card.  Don't be daunted - watercoloring can be as simple as swiping an inkpad onto an acrylic block and picking up the color with a brush to make a background on your card.


For my card, I decided to color up a new-to-me set from MFT Stamps called Cool Day.  I just love these polar bears :)



I stamped and colored the bear and his accessories with my Zig watercolor pens and then die-cut the images.  I cut a tag using Sea Glass cardstock and stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted along the bottom.  I did a bit of stenciling on both the tag and the card base and finished off the tag with some lime twine to match his scarf and hat.



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the watercolored beauties created by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Cool Day (MFT Stamps) Sweet Little Sentiments (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Sea Glass (SSS), watercolor
Accessories:  Zig watercolor pens, Diagonal Stripes Stencil (MFT), Falling Snow stencil (SSS), embossing paste, twine

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very cute polar bear, Karren! Love your coloring too! Have a great week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Karren: I want to thank you so much for choosing my card as the winner for this week's challenge, what an honor this is for me. I was totally overjoyed when I found out, thank you, thank you!!!
I love your tag/ card today, the colors are so bright and beautiful, love this sweet polar bear, with his rosy cheeks, adorable!!
You are right, water color is fun!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!

Linda said...

This is so adorable. Love the embossing paste and that cute bear is colored beautifully. Thank you for all of your help getting me started and for the welcome.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Awww, he's so cute and adorable and great coloring!

Wendy said...

This card is so adorable, Karren! Love the coloring of your cute polar bear and the design of your card! That tag is perfect! Hope you have a great week! :)

Lori Turner said...

ACK!!!! He's sooooo cute, Karren!! OMGOSH....I love this xoxoxoox

Deepti said...

Sooooooooooo adorable :)

Bonnie said...

Love the bear. Love the tag. Love the background. Love this card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love those soft colours Karren!!

Deanne :)

Notes by Nina said...

This is so adorable Karren, I love the snowy texture.