Sunday 13 September 2015

Cupcake Celebration

Hi and welcome!  Today's card is inspired by Nancy's tag at Tag You're It and I'm also using the sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  As the stamp set I used is NBUS, I'm also linking up at Darnell's blog.



This was another card that took way too long!  I'll spare you all the failed attempts and the mountain of cast-aside cupcake images I have in my bin :)  I finally settled on this cupcake which is a NBUS set called Tasty Treats.  I colored the cupcake with Copics then went over the icing with Wink of Stella.  I had it sitting on a white tag but it looked a bit bereft, so I sponged three different pink inks in an ombre fashion on that white tag and I was quite happy with the effect - especially how the white die-cut sentiment pops.

For the confetti, I went through all my dies to find the smallest shapes and cut them from various colors of cardstock.  Funnily, the little dots are berries from PTI's Harvest Berries set.  The heart on the cupcake is covered in Glossy Accents and the whole cupcake is popped up on foam tape.



The bottom tag is also a white tag that I blended Sparrow and Dark Chocolate ink on in an ombre fashion.  I added more confetti to the card base and finished off with some brown baker's twine.

Thanks for visiting.





Products used:

Stamps:  Tasty Treats (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Rosie Cheeks, Twirling Tutu, Hollyhock, Sparrow, Dark Chocolate (SSS), Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Green Apple, Lipstick, Sunshine, Cotton Candy
Accessories:  Tasty Treats die (Clearly Besotted), Joy to the Woods die (Lawn Fawn), Harvest Berries (PTI), Starry Dies (Verve), Tag Sale #5 (PTI), Wet Paint Cuts III (PTI), Wink of Stella, Copics, Glossy Accents, Baker's Twine

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Tag You're It and Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

15 comments:

Patrice said...

I cannot imagine that you have a ton of 'failed attempts', Karren! Your tag card is gorgeous, love the ombre sponging and the little pops of colour in your confetti. xxx

Wendy said...

This is just adorable. I love the layer tag...love everything.

Marybeth said...

This is just perfect Karren! All your trying paid off because this is yummy! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

Christine Blain said...

This doesn't look at all like you went through a great deal of pain, to reach the end result! LOL. I love those sponged tags, and all the delightful confetti 'sprinkles'. Gorgeous!

OH Babs said...

This card is just perfect. So sorry you had failed attempts but it was worth it.

Donna said...

This tag is just so, so lovely :)
Awesome confetti idea. Really pretty :)

Jen Mitchell said...

I'd never guess that look too long to make! It's a fun tag with some fun celebratory confetti and a super-fun cupcake! And you are my sponging hero so I know that creating those backgrounds was no trouble for you. What a great card!

barb hendrickson said...

Hi Karren!
I wanted to thank you for sharing your delightful card with us this week over at Try Stampin-Or Not- On Tuesday. It is full of color, texture, fun embellishment and joy! Please join us again very soon!

Crystal Komara said...

Hi Karren, what a fun and "sweet" card you have created for our challenge this week! I especially like the trail of little sprinkles. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! Crystal

Milka Gubo said...

I saw your card on NBUS #5. Super cute!!! :-D

SonjaK said...

Oh wow, Karren, I LOVE this card! So happy you kept on trying until you finished this beauty. The end result is just perfect.

Nancy Penir said...

Karen, your ombre's are phenomenal! And so is the sweet cupcake. Beautifully crafted!

Happy Dance said...

Wonderful card. Spotted this sweetie right away in the gallery. And while it might have taken awhile to make, it was well worth all your efforts. This is just delicious! Bev

anja curvers said...

Wow this is just perfect love it. Love all those scattered pieces over the card. Glad you kept on trying. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this!!!! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.