Thursday 17 September 2015

Thanks

It's time for another fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is Jennifer Timko.  Jennifer has come up with a wonderful sketch, so check it out:



For my card, I went with some ink blending and die-cutting to come up with this.


I used my Dot Fade stencil to stencil some white embossing paste onto the center panel of a white card base.  While that was drying, I blended some Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade inks onto a panel of watercolor paper, keeping the center light.  

I white embossed the "for everything" onto a strip of black cardstock and die-cut three black "thanks" and one white one before stacking them together, letting the white one sit a bit off-center to create a shadow effect.  That was stuck on top of a thread nest and the whole panel was popped up on foam tape onto the card base.


Thanks for visiting.  The design team have some wonderful cards showcasing this sketch, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Wet Paint (PTI)
Ink:  Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade (Distress), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, black, watercolor
Accessories:  Wet Paint dies (PTI), White EP, Dot Fade Stencil (Tim Holtz), white embossing paste, metallic thread

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Just gorgeous, Karren! Your black pops beautifully on the gorgeous deep yellow panel. This sketch looked intimidating; now I am inspired! :)

Donna said...

Hi Karren. I love what you've done with this die cut :) This 'thank you' was the reason for my first ever Papertrey purchase.
Gorgeous card. X

Rita W said...

Embossing paste, distress inks, die cuts... perfection! I love this!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh wow! That's all I can say! Your sponged background is so well done - I want to book a flight immediately so that you can teach me how to do that. And the black accents are just the "wow" that make me love this!

Amy O said...

Your blending is perfect and beautiful, and I love the shadow-effect on the die-cut. Such a cool card, Karren!

Stampingcountry said...

Love the fresh look of your card! The metallic thread is a wonderful accent.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow......love the subtle embossing paste.....love the striking yellow.......love the bold black!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Karren! That background is gorgeous! The colour is so vibrant! The black stands out so nicely! Just perfect!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren I dropped by to tell you how much I love your FMS card, and have had such a wonderful time looking around ... you are amazing!!!
=] Michele

karen h said...

Awesome card - love the grunge for the vertical layer and the sponging on the main layer!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is amazing! I love the colours and the effect you've created for your background and the addition of the black sentiment is super striking!

Cindy Hall said...

This is so awesome, Karren. I love the way the background looks like it's really glowing!

Jen Timko said...

This is so pretty! I just love your color variations on that panel and the stenciling is so perfect for the sketch!!