Thursday 24 September 2015

Java

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  Today's sketch comes to us from Rita and she has a fun sketch featuring banners.


My card didn't come out quite how I envisaged it but that's okay!  I wanted an ombre base and for some reason I chose to use purple shades.  I was initially inspired by this card of Julee Tilman's I found on Pinterest.  So, after white embossing the java image from Verve, I sponged on Lavender, Wisteria and Hydrangea inks.  I sponged and I sponged and I sponged and didn't get the sort of contrast I was hoping for, so it is what it is.


The rest of the card is fairly self-explanatory.  I copic-colored the coffee cup and paper-pieced with some MFT patterned paper.  The banner was die-cut with the same paper and the whole lot was popped up on foam tape.  A few sequins in the upper left and my card was finished.



Thanks for visiting today.  Be sure to check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Better With You (Verve)
Ink:  Lavender, Wisteria, Hydrangea (SSS), Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, MFT Dots & Stripes
Accessories:  White EP, Copics, Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Stitched Scalloped Borders (Lawn Fawn), sequins

Cheers
Karren

13 comments:

Hannelie said...

Such a fresh shade of purple Karren! Love how you used the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the purple background......fabulous with the black! Your card looks like it should be hanging in the window of a cool bistro! Love it!

Jen Mitchell said...

I can see the contrast! All that sponging paid off! I love that you did the banner in black. What a great look that is!

Amy O said...

Well, it may not be what you had envisioned, but it turned out beautifully. I love the scalloped border on top as it reminds me of a cute French coffee shop.

Stampingcountry said...

Sharp Card! The chalkboard behind the coffee looks great!

Cindy Lovell said...

Purple,my favorite color!!! I just love your background and the polka dot paper!! Awesome card,Karren!!!

Deepti said...

The purple is such a unique pick for the coffee card but I am soooo loving it :)

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Karren! The background is fabulous and I love all card with coffee cups (though I don't even drink coffee!). The black and purple look amazing together!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Karren! Love the embossed image and shimmery sequins sprinkled about!

Jen Timko said...

Love it and all the purple! And that sentiment.....so true, haha!

Cindy Hall said...

I think your ombre look is fabulous! This card is perfect in every way. I really like how the scallop edge piece looks like a coffee shop awning!

Rita W said...

Purple and coffee? My favorites! :) I love this! The background is awesome! I probably shouldn't go look for that. lol Enabler!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! What a cool effect you've given your background -the purple ombre is stunning!