Saturday 5 September 2015

Guiding Light

Hi and welcome!  It's Father's Day here in New Zealand tomorrow, so I thought today was a good day to make a couple of cards :)

This card uses the sketch from Fusion Card Challenge the circles challenge from Stampin' Royalty and the colors from Color Throwdown.  This will be going to my father and as always, I really feel the pressure when making cards for either of my parents, because I want to give them something special.  I'm happy with how this came out.




I sponged various blue inks onto a panel of white cardstock then flicked water onto the panel.  Once that was dry I white-embossed some stars and cut it out with a pierced circle die.  I kept the bottom part of the circle lighter than the top.  I did a similar thing with the rectangular panel, using yellow distress inks and the water flicking.

With a piece of leftover blue, I embossed the word "light" using Crushed Curry EP and die-cut it with a flag die.  The first part of the sentiment is white embossed onto a piece of slate cardstock.




The lighthouse was stamped using Fog, Slate and Onyx Black inks and I really like the neutral tones in front of the vibrant color.  Unfortunately when I was sticking the two banners together, the bottom one must have slipped slightly and now my sentiment is crooked!  I hate when that happens, but I didn't have any more leftover inked cardstock, so I had to leave it as it is.

Thanks for visiting!





Products used:

Stamps:  Guiding Lights (PTI), Unforgettable (WP9)
Ink:  Fog, Slate (SSS), Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed (Distress), Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Slate
Accessories:  Pierced Circle Stax (MFT), Pierced Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Pierced Rectangle Stax (MFT), Guiding Lights dies (PTI), White EP, Crushed Curry EP

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Stampin' Royalty and Fusion Card Challenge.


14 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Wow; just beautiful. Love your "water flicking", and use of colour, on this card Karren - it's very special.

Kim said...

This is a beautiful scene!! Great job with the challenge.

Michelle said...

Wow, Karren! This card is so beautiful and a wonderful use of the sketch! Love it!

Wanda Cullen said...

These colors are perfect for a masculine card and I'm sure your father will love this special card! It's always great to see your talented creations in the throwdown gallery! Thanks for playing along with us again!

sandie said...

Fabulous use of the sketch and I think your Dad will love this, such wonderful words. The sponging and embossing is superb. Great to see you at Fusion

wienerhoneymooners said...

Karren, this is an AWESOME card, I LOVE anything nautical, and this is so perfection for the sketch!! Thanks so MUCH for joining us at FUSION!!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful card using the Fusion Sketch! Thank you for joining us!! Julia xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Stunning Karren! Love the sentiment!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FUSION.

Deanne :)

Vickie Z said...

Your father will love it!! Great use of the colors!! This for joining us at CTD!

SmilynStef said...

Fun use of the sketch.

Marika said...

I just had to go and look up that light house stamp. That looks so gorgeous and you know I love the grey shades so much. And by the way, you nailed both challenges!!

Lyndal said...

Just GORGEOUS Karren, love your starry night against the lighthouse! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION, hope to see you again soon!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this is gorgeous, love how you put this together! Thanks for joining us at Fusion.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this is gorgeous, love how you put this together! Thanks for joining us at Fusion.