Saturday 5 September 2015

Text Feathers

Hi and welcome!  This is my second post today - scroll down to see my first Father's Day card.

This card is for my husband and I used the sketch from Fab Friday, the colors from Colour Me and the inspiration from Muse.




I was inspired by the feathers - especially the ones with text in them and that's what I brought over into my card.  I also tried to keep the detail to the top portion of the card, just like Carol's card.  

I stamped the alphabet background stamp onto white die-cut feathers using Unicorn White ink.  Once that was dry, I smooshed the feathers into an Olive inkpad from SSS.  The white ink resisted the olive ink and gave a nice soft image.  I used the same stamp on the circle frame and also a masked off circle on the card base.

The sentiment was white-embossed onto a black double-ended banner and popped up on foam tape.  I wish the sentiment wasn't on quite such an angle, but I had to keep it in line with the text so it wouldn't look skewed.



Thanks for visiting.





Products used:

Stamps:  Tiny Alphabet Background (SSS), Keep it Simple:  Father (PTI)
Ink:  Olive, Fog (SSS), Unicorn White (HA), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Fog
Accessories:  Pierced Circle Frames (MFT), Fanciful Feathers die (WP9), Blueprints 2 (MFT), linen thread

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at ColourMe and Fab Friday.

13 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Simply fabulous, Karren! Love all the subtle text, and the gorgeous crisp, clean, look of this card.

Michelle said...

What a great way to combine the two challenges. I'm sure he'll love it! Masculine cards can be so hard to make but you nailed it with this one! Nice work.

cm said...

What a handsome, striking, innovative card! The subtle lettering on the feathers is amazing! a fabulous technique that I'm adding immediately to my 'must try' list! I'm thrilled that you drew inspiration from my muse card and translated into an eye-catching creation of your own to share in the Muse gallery! I know your husband adores this, as do I.Thank you!
~c

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Karren: WOW!! What a fantastic way to combine 3 challenges!!! Very beautiful and creative, love the soft font on the feathers and on the inside of the circle.
A striking masculine card in every way.
Thank you for sharing at Muse.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Heather said...

Oo, I like all the lettering - especially on the feathers. Good choice angling that sentiment, too - I found the same choice a challenge for me, too, lol. This is a gorgeous subtle and manly card - lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jen Timko said...

Oh those feathers! Love this!!

wendi said...

I love this card! The feathers turned out great, thanks for showing us how to incorporate techniques like emboss-resist in even small elements of design. I am just loving it!

Marilyn said...

Karren, love your take on Carol's Muse. The lettering is perfect on the feathers.

OttawaMom said...

This is a fabulous masculine card! Great job combing all those challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Colour Me...!

Ardyth said...

Love the graphic layout and the way you've created the feathers! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Totally gorgeous card, Karren! Those lettered feathers and big bold white on black sentiment - amazing combo!!! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me!

Brenda Myers said...

Very manly card. Love the feathers!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh great take on the sketch and great masculine card! So simple but makes a statement! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!