Thursday 10 September 2015

Hello

Hi!  It's time for another fabulous sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is Jen Mitchell.  Check out this cool sketch:



For my card, I decided to use a new-to-me die from Clearly Besotted called Shaker Shapes Square Hello Die.  



I die cut that from a panel of white cardstock and put it to one side.  I then took a piece of watercolor cardstock and splashed on some watercolors, focusing on blues and greens.  Once I was happy with that, I dried it with my heat tool and then flicked on some gold and pearl paint using my paintbrush.


To put the card together I cut some fun foam to pop up the front panel from the watercolored piece.

All in all a very simple but fun-to-make card.  I'm linking this card up to CAS on Sunday who have a Splash theme - quite a bit of water went into my watercolored background :)


For your blog

The rest of the design team have some wonderful inspiration for you so be sure to check them out.

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:  

Cardstock:  White, Watercolor
Accessories:  Shaker Shapes Square Hello Die (Clearly Besotted), Kuretake watercolor paints, fun foam

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

This is perfectly amazing. The combination of that pristine white with the vibrant blues and greens - be still my heart! Of course, if I tried to do something like this, ink would wind up all over the white space. :0)

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card... Love your inked background....
Stunning Karen...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Linda Callahan said...

What a cool die cut! And your background is gorgeous! Great mix of color!

Christine Blain said...

Oh, I laughed at Becca's comment - that's so what would happen to me! This is awesome, Karren. The intensity of colour is beautifully highlighted by the crisp white card - and what a beautiful die!

Sarah said...

I like this card also ! When I have more time than I check more of your blog ! Bye ☆ Sarah ☆

anja curvers said...

Wow such a great card really love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Amy O said...

I love these blues and greens together! And I love this die cut. Cool card, Karren!

Mariken said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!!

Cindy Lovell said...

I love the background of this card,Karren!! Great colors and i love the gold and pearl paint!! Awesome!!

Anita in France said...

Wow! Karren, this is fantastic ... love all that gorgeous crisp white against the amazing blue/green shimmery background ... just stunning! Anita :)

Jen Mitchell said...

This card is soooooo cool Karren! Your watercolor background is fabulous, especially with the little flicks of gold and pearl paint. And the die cut sentiment on top? Absolutely fantastic!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love this die, just so perfect for a shaker card. Love your amazing water colored background, it really pops behind the super crisp and flawless white of the die.
Thank you for sharing.

Jen Brum said...

Such a gorgeous card Karren! I love that beautiful background! The colour is so vibrant against the white! Just fabulous!

Wendy said...

Just had to pop in and say how much I this card. It definitely inspired me...not so much for the card that I just made for the challenge...but your card got those wheels turning in my head : )

Rita W said...

I LOVE this! That watercolor background is amazing and a perfect way to accent the white die cut. Awesome card as always.

Greta said...

I "need" that die--love it! Your background is absolutely stunning, Karren!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Perfect use of die and fabulous background technique - you're awesome Karren!