Sunday 6 September 2015

Pears

I made a quick card this morning because I really wanted to play along in a few of the current challenges - especially those involving fruit!  I have a decent collection of wood-mounted stamps featuring fruit from when I first started collecting and it was time to dust those off and make a card.




So this card was made for City Crafter Challenge and The Male Room, who are both asking for fruit and because my stamps are so old, I'm joining in at Retro Rubber's Anything Goes challenge.  I'm also linking this to CASology with a cue word of "write" and Less is More who want to see green and gold.  I'm a bit iffy about linking to these last two challenges because while my card is CAS in my eyes, there's not a lot of "white" space going on.


Anyway, I white embossed the beautiful calligraphy image onto black cardstock and adhered it with foam tape to the card base with a little sliver of gold at the bottom to add interest.  The pear was stamped onto X-Press It cardstock and loosely colored with Copics before being fussy cut.  It is also popped up on foam tape.  And that's it!



Thanks for visiting.




RRCB22


We'd love you to display our banner

Products used:

Stamps:  N1768 (pear text) A Stamp in the Hand, pear stamp by Collections
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  White, black, gold foil
Accessories:  White EP, Copics

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at City Crafter Challenge.


21 comments:

Jane said...

So good to dust off older stash and give it some love. Super card, love all that sloping script. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

Ilse said...

Love this card !!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So fun and cute Karren and a superb take on our green and gold challenge.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Debbie Mageed said...

Karren, it's so good to see your creation in our gallery! You combined the challenges wonderfully! Your cards are always so inspiring for me and I can definitely call this a CAS card. You are a master at them and this is beautiful as always. Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes theme at Retro Rubber and hope you will come back soon!

Susanne Vargas said...

You made those "older" stamps look very trendy and cool! Fabulous card! Amazing how it fits so many challenges perfectly!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

OH Babs said...

Whether or not it is CAS, it is delightful and I love everything about it.

Joyce said...

How fun to use older stamps. I love doing that as well. This card is wonderful, and looks CAS enough for me! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Julia Aston said...

Love that green pear and the white text on the black! Julia xx

Ros Crawford said...

Such a gorgeous card!! Love that embossed panel! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Hannelie said...

I see a card nailing a couple of fabulous challenges Karren!
Great for our write cue card at Casology... thanks for joining us!

Neets B said...

Fabulous take on our colour challenge and at least a third of your card is white so that's good for me! In the UK we have a cosmetic company called LUSH and the chalkboard design on your card really reminds me of their product advertising. Take a look https://www.lush.co.uk/shop/swindon
Thanks for sharing at Less is More.
Anita x

Tracey McNeely said...

Great use of an older stamp Karren! Thank you for sharing at CASology!

Stella said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! You nailed our theme and I love the design. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Karren! I love this card! First the colors - I love the green and black and that pop of gold - genius! Then there is the pears - I love all pear stamps - I hate the fruit - feels like I am eating sand! Even though my mom insists to this day that pears are my favorite! But I digress - beautifully done! Thanks for joining in the Retro Rubber challenge!

Marika said...

Love this, Karren. That background looks amazing.

Sarah said...

Congratulations you won with your card !
☆ Sarah ☆

Chrissie said...

Super card, I love all that script!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Stunning card Karen, and enough 'white space' to make it CAS - love it
Thank you for joining our colour challenge
Anne
Less is More

Unknown said...

Absolutely adore this card. Great colors and I especially like the pear! Thanks for including Retro Rubber "Anything Goes" in your stamping fun this week!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this card. Love the colours on the pear and the scripty text stamp is fab. Thanks so much for playing along with our Fruit challenge at The Male Room, sorry to be so late commenting!!