Tuesday 1 September 2015

Holly Berries

Hi and welcome to Merry Monday!  Today's challenge comes to you courtesy of me and I'm looking for some holly on your Christmas cards.





I chose this image because it really appealed to me - not remembering I only had one stamp that features holly in a significant way :)  So after a bit of thought about how I could make this stamp look a bit different to the other cards I'd made using it, I came up with this:




Not terribly exciting!  I stamped the holly in Green Leaf ink, then overstamped the berries in Lipstick Red ink before fussy cutting it out.  I then placed it inside a black die-cut Holiday Frame.  I colored the berries with Wink of Stella.  And that's it!





Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the rest of the design team's cards and I hope you'll have a go at this yourself.  This is our last two-week challenge before we go back to weekly challenges.


Products used:

Stamps:  Holly Berries (SSS)
Ink:  Green Leaf, Lipstick Red (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Accessories:  Holiday Frames (SSS), Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Wendy said...

SO pretty, Karren! Love your sprig of holly and the lovely frame around it! Great design as well as a terrific challenge!!! Have a wonderful week! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE the sprig of holly and the black frame!!! Thanks for a fun challenge.
Have a great week! :)

Becca Cruger said...

Such a lovely, lovely Christmas card! Beautiful coloring!

Bonnie said...

I love this challenge and your holly! The black frame really sets it off! Hope you have a great week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thanks for the fun challenge at Merry Monday, Karren! Just love the holly with that black frame!!

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Karen
Love that Die
Hugs Sylvie xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Karren: What a lovely, beautiful Christmas card, the sprig of Holly is so beautiful with the red pop of color from the berries. Love your frame, does this die cut the words like that or did you cut them separate? Looks fabulous.
Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karren, your card is so eye-catching! I have that die, but haven't used it in a while - you've inspired me to show it some lovin' again! Hope you have a wonderful week!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous! I love how you put everything together!!

Deanne :)

Greta said...

I love that frame die & you've given me another idea of something to do with it! Can't believe you fussy cut the holly--gorgeous, Karren!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous creation Karren, I love the CAS design.