Thursday 6 April 2017

Alice Trio

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is the lovely and talented Cecile.  Here is her fun, square sketch:



Yes, I said square!  I love square cards but rarely think to make them, so this was a perfect opportunity.  I'm also playing along in the current Inkspirational Challenge which has a very Alice in Wonderland type photo inspiration.  I immediately thought of my very old unmounted stamps from Non Sequitur and went to work to come up with this card.




I started by stamping each of the three images onto a scrap of X-Press It card then I created masks for each image and masked them.  I sponged on some Distress Oxide inks and then over-stamped with a text image from one of the stamp sets.  After removing the masks, I colored the images with Copics before die-cutting them with a rounded square die.



Each image was matted onto a black panel and then arranged onto a 5" square white card.  The rabbit is popped up on foam tape but the rest are adhered straight to the card base.  The sentiment is from a PTI set and I thought the "belated" part worked quite well with the Alice theme 😃

I have to admit to really liking this card.  And the distress oxide inks are fun to play with.


Thanks so much for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some fabulous cards so head on over and check them out.


Products used:

Stamps:  Scrabble, Go Ask Alice (Non Sequitur), KIS:  Belated Happy Birthday (PTI)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Nesting Rounded Squares (Lifestyle Crafts)
Accessories:  Copic Markers

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Inkspirational

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, love the images and how beautifully you've coloured them, Jo x

Linda Callahan said...

I really need a tour through your stash of stamps! These are fabulous images and the inks and the coloring are just amazing! One of my all time faves of yours!

Aileen said...

I love how you did this card and so does Elysha. She just bought Alice in Wonderland today to add to her library of DVD's so really appreciated the look of your card. Buful translates to beautiful

Jen Mitchell said...

This is a showstopper for sure! The images look 3D with your vibrant coloring and the subtle backgrounds. What a great card with a great vintage feel to it.

Jen Brum said...

This card is fabulous! I love those images! Your colouring is amazing! This card is just super fun!

Nonni said...

HI Karren, your card is perfect for our challenge! I love the layout and your beautiful coloring. Truly a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Marina said...

I love the classic Alice imagery and it looks fantastic and original used in a bold, contemporary design. Perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Karen Dunbrook said...

looks amazing...
xx Karen

cm said...

Completely blown away by your Alice-themed card, Karren! Absolutely perfect for the INK and FMS challenges! Classic and trendy: a most magical combination! So thrilled to see this gem in the INK gallery!
~carol

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job on this card, Karren! I love your Alice in Wonderland theme, and how you stamped the text behind your images! Great job combining challenges, too!

Karen Davis said...

I just love this card. I love the old world images and can't help but relive my mum reading to me "I'm late, I'm late!!" The perfect belated card.

Jen Timko said...

These look like book illustrations. Totally amazing. And I'm coming with Linda for the tour!

Fiona said...

Great card - congratulations on being one of the top three on Inkspirational -

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally behind for the comments, but it's never too late to say how much I love your take on my sketch! Those Alice images are fabulous.