Sunday 9 April 2017

Cupcake Bird

Hi and welcome!  It's my turn to host over at Inspired By All The Little Things and I have chosen a photo that lends itself to Easter cards, critter cards, food cards or just go with the colors!


For my guest, I have invited Lisa Lara, who makes the most adorable cards and is one of the best Copic colorists I know.  Be sure to check out her card and prepare to be wow'd (and smile!)

For my card, I wanted to stick with the cupcake and bird theme, so after a bit of masking, I came up with this card.



I love this stamp set from MFT and I used the bird from Somebunny to add a bit of fun to it.  I won't go into any great detail because I filmed the making of this card so you can watch it below or over on YouTube





 




Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to head on over the the IBATLT blog to check out Lisa's card and the fabulous cards made by the design team.

Edited to Add:  While looking at this post in preview mode before scheduling it, it struck me that the bird looks like he could very well be sitting in a huge pile of bird poop!  Rest assured that wasn't my intention, but is actually quite funny when I look at it now 😄

Products used:

Stamps:  Somebunny, Sweet Birthday Wishes, Because You (MFT),
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Dark Chocolate (SSS)
Dies:  Because You, Blueprints 20 (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Fun Foam, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren


12 comments:

Aileen said...

No way he looks like he's sitting in poop, that iceing is too nicely styled to be pooped. Love it, the card your design the amazing colouring, perfect.

~amy~ said...

No way to bird poop...this is FABulously perfect.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a darling card, Karren! Your Copic coloring is beautiful, as always, and I love how you added the adorable bird to the top of the cupcake...so sweet!
Thank you again for sharing your video with us...I always enjoy them :)

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness.....definitely not poopy!

lostinpaper said...

she's such a sweetie!

Lyn said...

Absolutely loving your card :)

Karen Davis said...

Just adorable Karren! Beautiful colours. I love your blog posts, they are so informative! Hope you are well and have dry feet:)

Wanda Cullen said...

Fabulous coloring on this clever and creative card! Love it!

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, I love your adorable little chick.

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Karren! I love your super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

canadian_liner said...

Karren, your colouring is awesome!
The little chick sitting on his nest of cream is so cute and hopeful...
Thank you for your kind comment on my FMS entry this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Awwwww.....pure cuteness!!! Love this sweet card!