Thursday 27 April 2017

Card for Mum

Hi and welcome!  This post is late because I completely forgot to write it up last night!  Having a day off in the middle of the week has thrown me.

Before I get to the sketch and the card, I have a message for my mum.   Mum, step away from the computer, do not read this post.....

Right, on to business.  This week's sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches team comes to us from the lovely Amy O'Neill and she has a fabulous sketch for us.


I made a Mother's Day card for my mum and this is what I came up with.


I did a bit of stenciling on the orange circle, and by a bit, I mean I used 8 separate stencils!  Total overkill, but I was having fun.  The butterfly was stamped then spritzed in shimmer mist and the sentiment comes from a Paper Smooches set.


I'm linking this us to AAA Cards who have a stencil challenge going on.


Thanks for visiting!  Head on over to the challenge blog and check out the fabulous creations made by the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Stamps:  Beautiful Butterflies (MFT), Precious Mom (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Abandoned Coral Distress Inks, Winter Sky (SSS), Aquamarine Archival (Ranger)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Beautiful Butterflies, Inside/Out Stitched Circles, Blueprints 22 (MFT)
Accessories:  Black Soot Distress Paint, White EP, Stencils:  Circle Burst (MFT), Universe  (Art Anthology), Perspective, Burlap, Rays, Scribble, Measured, Splatters (Tim Holtz)




18 comments:

Jen W. said...

Such a gorgeous card and what a brilliant idea to layer all those stencils - the end result is awesome! Great depth and texture.

Linda Callahan said...

Eight stencils? Beautiful results!

Samra said...

I LOVE this card!!! I saw it earlier today but just now got a chance to comment on it. The butterfly looks amazing and I love those splashes of color.
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Amy O said...

Well, I'm sure I couldn't identify all eight stencils, but the effect is fabulous! A beautiful card for Mum. Love this, Karren!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card, Karren! I love how you stenciled the circle...it's so unique, and your butterfly is so pretty! I'm sure your mom is going to love it, too!

Lyn said...

Really lovely Karren. I wonder if your Mum was able to resist a peak :)

Jane said...

Love that stencilled overkill orange background! Super card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Ceal said...

so Pretty! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

~amy~ said...

This is stunning!!!!'

Jen Mitchell said...

That's a lot of stencils! But the end look is fantastic. Love the texture you've created on the circle and, of course, the butterfly is so beautiful. I wonder if your mum stopped reading the post or did her surprise get spoiled?

Cara said...

Fab card, love that you had so much fun playing whilst making it. Cara x

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! Karren this card is just amazing! I love that orange circle! I can't believe that you used 8 different stencils! You are dedicated! Love the spritz in the background! Gorgeous butterfly too!

Kim S said...

I love the look of blues on golds or oranges - and you've done it beautifully! I love the natural blues and dimension of all of the colors in the circle!!

Coralynn Murray said...

Fabulous! I love the splatter in the background and all the stencilling on the circle die cut is amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

A.Rose said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day card! I just love the bold colors you used!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! This is just gorgeous! I love the striking orange background you've created combined with the smattering of droplets!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a fantastic Mother's Day card! That gorgeous butterfly looks fabulous against the bright orange circle, splatters and dots!

Karen Davis said...

All round stunning!!! The stencilling just shimmers and really enhances the blue butterfly.