Friday 21 April 2017

Kleenex Birthday

The team at Just Add Ink have come up with another fun Just Choose Two challenge and this week you get to choose from metallics, circles and balloons.


Image may contain: text

I went with metallics and circles and came up with this card, which I made for my father's 84th birthday which was the other day.


When I was grocery shopping about a month ago, I saw a Kleenex box that really caught my eye, so I bought it with the intention of using the pattern and colors to make a card.  Here is the box in question.  I hope you can see how I was inspired (ie copied almost exactly!)



I had to wait a couple of weeks because I needed to order a pigment ink pad to sponge on the base color and then over-stamp with the circles.  I bought Brown Sugar by Mama Elephant and I think it worked really well.  As well as the Brown Sugar ink, I also used Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink, stamped off.  Once I'd sponged the Brown Sugar ink onto some Bristol Smooth cardstock, I overstamped with various sized solid circle stamps by SSS in both the Brown Sugar and Vintage Photo inks.  Once the panel was dry, I gold embossed more solid circles as well as some outline ones, before die-cutting the panel with a stitched edge die.


In keeping with the inspiration, I wanted a big, white sentiment so chose this Mama Elephant birthday word and paired it with a Clearly Besotted stamp that I had to perform some surgery on.  Finally, and for something a bit different, I adhered it to the top-right hand corner of a white card base.  I am so pleased at how this card came out and I hope my dad will like it.



Thanks so much for visiting!  The rest of the design team have come up with some wonderful cards using this challenge, so head on over and check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Lots of Dots (SSS), Say it in Style (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Versamark, Brown Sugar (Mama Elephant), Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth
Dies: Blueprints 15 (MFT), Birthday (Mama Elephant)
Accessories:  Gold EP

Cheers
Karren



22 comments:

Petra Swart said...

WOW, Karren, wow, wow, WOW!!!! Wonderfully done and for sure your father is going to love this card just as much as I do!!!! Everything about this card is perfect and I love the story on how it all came about!!!!!
Have a great Friday!!!!
Hugz

Susanne Vargas said...

Absolutely love this card! It looks elegant and modern! Yes, there is inspiration everywhere, even on a tissue box!

I Card Everyone said...

You've recreated that package perfectly, Karren! I may have just used the package!!! =] =]
Wonderful card!
=]

Darnell said...

Oh, well done, Karren! This is so so elegant and rich!! I love CASEing Kleenex, too! They have the best artwork. A year or two ago I did the one with the chevron pattern. I wonder if Kleenex has any idea how they inspire card art!! We don't have this beautiful pattern here yet, but I'm pinning your card to CASE it! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Jan Clothier said...

This is lovely! I think I'll have to stop hurrying down the aisle with the Kleenex in it in future!

Jen W. said...

This is a stunner, Karren! Love how you took inspiration from a Kleenex box. I have a few in my kraft room waiting to be recreated on a card. :)

Christine Blain said...

STUNNING! Love everything about this, Karren; it's awesome. Wish we had those cool Kleenex boxes in Australia!

Marina said...

I love this - can't believe you copied a Kleenex box!

Aileen said...

Absolutely fabulous Karren, just love the inspiration. LOVE this card, so clever.

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh the places where we get our ideas! You've done a fabulous redux of the Kleenex box and I'm sure your father loved this. It's so classy!

Michelle said...

Karren, I LOVE this card! I can't believe it was inspired by a tissue box, haha! It's really, really beautiful. :-)

Cara said...

It's amazing where you find inspiration! This turned out beautifully. Cara x

Jan said...

Wow, Karren this is absolutely stunning!! I love that your inspiration came from the tissue box - and I think you've even managed to improve on it :-) I love the mix of inks you've used for your circles and the interest the oxide gives as well as the gold touches and your bright and bold sentiment. Such a special card and I'm sure your Dad will love it too. xx

Nikki Spencer said...

This is such a fabulous card for your dad Karen. Love the colours and your inspiration!..Love it when we are inspired by everyday objects. xx

Kelly Kent said...

Absolutely stunning card Karren - your transfer of the tissue box to a beautiful card is inspired!!! Love, love, love this! Kelly x

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cool design, Karren! I love how you inked the background...it's the perfect base for all those gorgeous metallic circles! LOVE this card, and I'll bet your dad does, too!
How fun that you were inspired by a tissue box...way to go!!!

Cécile RIBON said...

This is so stunning and classy, Karren! Love your card so very much. And funnily enough, I have the same Kleenex box in my bathroom!

KimB said...

The effect you got was quite stunning Karren! I would never have thought to go with all those muted brown shades but it turned out deep, moody and lush and a pretty special card for your Dad! x

Linda Callahan said...

This is amazing girl! I love it!

Patrice said...

Glad it's not just me that performs surgery on my stamps! Love your inspiration piece and how you pulled it off - your card is amazing and I bet your dad was thrilled to receive it. I'd never have thought to pick all the different inks you did and get this result. Well done, you! xx

Claire said...

Oh I LOVE this Karren - can't believe you've been inspired by a Kleenex box! What a brilliant bit ofinspiration for a brilliant card!

Shirley N said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning!!!