Monday 24 April 2017

Lovely Flowers

Hi!  Thanks for popping in for a visit!  Today's card is one I made last week, but I'm just not sure about it.  I used the gorgeous colors from Color Throwdown and this is the first time I've used the main floral image from the Hello Lovely set.  I'm also linking this up to Work It Wednesday and Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.



The bit I'm not sure about is the stamped colored bits.  I know the stamps are designed to not fit perfectly inside the images, but I really struggled to work out which center went with which flower. 😕 

Anyways, I used the challenge colors for all the flower colors, keeping the red to a minimum.  As there was no green in the challenge, I used grey for the leaves, which does help to tone down the brightness somewhat.  I also added some red splatters to bring in a bit more red, then over all the splatters I colored with my new Atyou Spica pens in each respective color.





workitwedbanner




Products used:

Stamps:  Hello Lovely (Concord & 9th)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Deep Iris, Velvet, Warm Sunshine, Limestone, Autumn Blaze (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Accessories:  White EP, Atyou Spica Pens

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Cécile RIBON said...

Gorgeous take on the color challenge, Karren! I love how your colored the flowers this so artsy!

paperkicks said...

Love your beautiful flowers...gorgeous card!

lostinpaper said...

I think it looks fabulous, it's the fact that the centres don't fit that make it look so wonderful artsy, what a great stamp set, you have totally made it shine Karren!

Vickie Z said...

Sweet flowers and love the sentiment treatment! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Gayatri said...

So fun and trendy. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Showers/Flowers challenge. Gayatri xx

Cara said...

I love this! Cara x

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job with this color palette, Karren...I love your choice of flowers, too! Stunning work, as always!