Friday 7 April 2017

Cup of Pansies


Check out the gorgeous inspiration photo the Just Add Ink team have for you this week:

No automatic alt text available.

It's pretty obvious how I was inspired...


I have to admit to buying this Taylored Expressions stamp set specifically for this challenge (like I needed an excuse, really 😃😃)  I stamped it onto a panel of X-Press It blending card then colored it with Copic markers.  I then fussy-cut around the left side of the image, using my paper trimmer for the straight bits, before running it through my Big Shot with a stitched edge die.

Onto the white card base I adhered a strip of Blue Violet cardstock that I'd white embossed a birthday sentiment onto.  The colored panel is popped up on foam tape and the flowers are colored with clear sparkle pen.




Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Teacup Bouquet (Taylored Expressions), KIS:  Birthday (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark, Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Blue Violet (SSS)
Dies:  Blueprints 22
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren


11 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Gorgeous! And I have also bought something specifically for an upcoming challenge! It's a sickness!! :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karren, can see why you bought the stamp, just perfect for the challenge. As always stunning colouring and love that strip of purple card with the white embossed sentiment, perfect.

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card mf..can't wait to see my pansies... We woke up to more snow this morning, UGH!!
Have a great wknd.
xx Karen

Barb Ghig said...

I can definitely see why you bought this stamp set...the blooms are so pretty and they're perfect inside the tea cup! Beautiful Copic coloring, and I love how you fussy cut around the image! Another gorgeous card, Karren!

Jan said...

This is fabulous Karren! Your colouring is gorgeous as always and I love the shading you've added to the saucer and how the bold strip of colour along the side allows your sentiment to shine too. So clever! xx

Karen Davis said...

I love the rich side panel against the beautiful teacup and flowers. Striking!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Lush, vibrant & totally gorgeous, Karren. The pansies are just divine. You're so fabulously talented.
Di

Kelly Kent said...

Gotta love a good excuse for more supplies! Your colouring is stunning, as always! Kelly x

Susi said...

This card - and your colouring - are just beautiful!

KimB said...

Your colouring is just divine Karren! It's such a lovely image of course you couldn't resist! I love how you added the extra stitching detail to the right - a great finishing detail! x

Nikki Spencer said...

This is such an impact piece Karren. Your colouring is out of this world beautiful!xx