Thursday 20 April 2017

Flying Elephant

Hi and welcome!  It's my turn to host at Freshly Made Sketches this week  and I came up with a sketch that you can interpret in a few different ways.


I chose to use some hot air balloons and some partial die-cutting for my card.


I marked out on a panel of X-Press It cardstock where I wanted my two balloons to be and stamped them using my Misti.  After coloring with Copics, I did some partial die-cutting to cut around one half of each balloon and then used my craft knife to cut the straight lines.  That gave me two separate panels and a center panel, which I discarded.

Onto a white card base, I adhered a piece of pale blue Watercolor Wash patterned paper then popped up the two balloon panels with foam tape.  The sentiment was white-embossed onto black and adhered with liquid glue across the center.



I created a video showing the process which you can view below or over on YouTube.




Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the fabulous cards created by the rest of the design team and I hope you'll give my sketch a go.


I'm linking this card up to MFT's color challenge as well.


Products used:

Stamps:  Up in the Air (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black (SSS), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies:  Up in the Air
Accessories:  White EP, Copics

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Great sketch, Karren! I love how you used partial die cutting on the hot air balloons...such a great way to add dimension to your card! Beautiful Copic coloring as always, too...Such a sweet card!

Darnell said...

Your flying elephant is fabulous, Karren! I watched and really enjoyed the video of you making this cute card ~ thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

Petra Swart said...

Oh, my, a little ellie in a hot air balloon - simply sweet and so adorable, Karren!!!!! What a lovely card and a great sketch to play with - hope to have the time to play along this week!!!!
Hugz

Jen Mitchell said...

Fun card! The hot air balloons are so colorful and the little elephant looks right at home there!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Karren! I love that sweet little elephant and your colouring is as amazing as always! Super cute!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! You you did an outstanding job with your own sketch, Karren! This partial die-cutting is amazing and this flying elephant is so sweet.

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun sketch and such an adorable card! Love the recessed panel and oh your coloring is terrific!

Amy O said...

Such a sweet image! That little elephant looks excited to be in that hot air balloon. I would have a look of terror on my face. :) Love how you've used the sketch, Karren!

Jen Timko said...

This is simply adorable! I'm trying to comprehend the fussy cutting (and all the ways it would go terribly awry for me....), but this reverse layering is brilliant. Thanks so much for a great sketch this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh how cute! I love these perfectly coloured little balloons and sweet elephant - you always choose the perfect images for the sketch!