Sunday 2 April 2017

Ranunculus

Welcome to a very special celebration at Inspired by all the Little Things.  We are celebrating our 50th challenge and look at the gorgeous photo Leigh has chosen:


As part of the celebration, each of the challenge team as well as the weekly design team have invited a guest, so you have a wonderful feast of gorgeous inspiration over on the challenge blog.  My guest is the amazingly-talented TaeEun, who has created the most gorgeous card.

For my card, I was inspired primarily by the flowers and the little lights in the background.



I stamped the floral image onto a white top-folding card base then colored it with Copics.  I then sprayed it with some gold shimmer spritz and once it was dry, I die-cut the Big Hello die from the colored image.

I die-cut the same die 5 times from black cardstock and stacked it behind the top layer to create a camouflaged die-cut.

Finally, I finished the card with some Copper Penny Nuvo Drops.







Thanks for visiting.  Please take the time to check out all the fabulous inspiration from our design team and our wonderful guests.

Products used:

Stamps:  Beautiful Bouquets:  Ranunculus (WP9)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Big Hello (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Heidi Swapp Gold Spray, Copper Penny Nuvo Drops

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Karen, what a beauty, Jo x

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful inspired card Karren - love the embedded die cut and lovely colors! Julia xx

Susi said...

What an absolutely beautiful card!

Lesley said...

My goodness this card is a knockout! How the heck did you do the sentiment that way? That is so amazing and beautiful. Awesome card my friend. XO

~amy~ said...

WOW...so PRETTY!

Jen Mitchell said...

Absolutely stunning. The colors of the flowers are amazing and when you add in the die cut sentiment I am speechless!

TaeEun said...

Oh! Karren, your card is so elegant yet modern too with that camouflaging HELLO! Congrats on the 50th challenge! Thank you so much for inviting me as your guest!!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so cool and fabulous, Karren! I love your take on the inspiration photo!

Kim S said...

Beautifully done!! The flowers are so richly colored yet the letters are bold enough (and pop so well on the black) that they stand out perfectly. LOVE the gold shimmer!

Karen Day said...

Karren, this is gorgeous! I love the camouflage die effect!

Jen Timko said...

Love, love, love!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Pure gorgeousness...love everything about this card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness! This card is totally amazing and your flowers are stun-ning! I love the stamping on the sentiment - so clever and so effective!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is so gorgeous! I must try this technique.

KimCreate said...

Wow, what a statement this card makes! I have yet to try this technique. Really great card for the challenge! Kim

Karen Davis said...

I agree with Lesley....this card is a knockout, every element so perfectly chosen and executed. Swoon!