Sunday 16 April 2017

Rainbow Thanks

Hi!  I'm playing along with the current Muse challenge - a challenge I haven't had a chance to play with for such a long time.


From Tracey's gorgeous card, I used the same images and bright colors but flipped it around so that the images were white-embossed and the colors were sponged on.  I did the same with the sentiment - instead of being black on white, I went white on black.

To make this card, I white-embossed the halftone circles onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock, then blended Distress Oxide inks over the top.  Some of the circles didn't stamp fully, but I quite liked the imperfect look, so left them as they were.  I flicked on some water, mopped up the excess, then sponged over the top again to tone down the color variations.  I die-cut the panel with a wonky stitched rectangle die and mounted it onto a white card base.

The sentiment was white-embossed onto black and die-cut using the co-ordinating die.


Thanks for visiting!  Here's a look at the Muse card for this week.


Products used:

Stamps:  Halftone Circles (Altenew)
Ink:  Versamark, Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Wonky Stitched Rectangles (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Muse.

11 comments:

Hannelie said...

Wow! LOVE your interpretation of Tracey's card Karren! Creative and eye catching!

Ardyth said...

This is like a 'reversal' of the Muse and I love it - the bold rich colours and the embossed 'dots' - full of energy and life! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - what a great reverse stamping of the inspiration card Karren! love the look of your pretty card! Julia xx

Jen Mitchell said...

Fabulous card. I love how you reverse-engineered Tracey's card to make this! I've got this stamp set sitting in my stash sadly neglected - must rectify that!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow wow wow Karren, what a gorgeous card and I love how you used the colour on your background and your circles are white. Stunning! Thank you for sharing with us at Muse this week!

EK Gorman said...

Oh, wow, I love how you reversed the background and the images from the inspiration card to your project. That card is gorgeous!!!

Lyn said...

Love love love, have these on my wish list <3

Barb Ghig said...

Very cool take on Tracey's Muse card, Karren! I love all the fabulous colors, and your white on black sentiment is fabulous!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is awesome! I am loving that amazing vibrant! background!

Petra Swart said...

I thought you planned to have some of the circles not stamp perfectly, Karren - it works so wonderfully and look really great like that!!!!! Love the vibrant bg and the sentiment in white on the black!!!! A lovely take on the inspiration card!!!
Hugz

Kim S said...

I've had those half-tone circles on my wishlist and your fabulous card just moved it to the top of my shopping list.