Sunday 30 September 2012

iSpy Colour Me Beautiful

When I saw the colors this week at Colour Me Beautiful I almost didn't even attempt a card.  Wisteria Wonder is one of those colors that just doesn't appeal to me.  However, as you'll see from my card, I buried the Wisteria Wonder so it only makes a tiny appearance.

  

I decided the colors would make for a good brayered card, so with no idea of the final layout, I brayered a panel using Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant with some River Rock at the bottom.  I then stamped two images from My Friend using black ink.  It was at this point I realised I could use this card for the card sketch at iSpy Sketches, so I made a flower using Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder for the circular layer on the sketch.  Unfortunately the last step involved spraying some Shimmer Mist onto the flower and I got a big blob of it in a very prominent place - I'm sure you can see it without looking too hard LOL.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  My Friend
Cardstock:  Sahara Sand; Whisper White; Basic Black; Wisteria Wonder; Elegant Eggplant
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant; Wisteria Wonder; River Rock; Basic Black
Accessories:  Brayer; Fancy Flower Punch; 5 petal Punch; Boho Blossoms Punch; Neutrals Brad; Shimmer Mist

Edited to Add:  The team at Colour Me Beautiful chose this card as their Colour Conqueror.  Thanks guys!

Cheers
Karren








9 comments:

stressfreestamping said...

I love your card! The brayering looks great and the flower is beautiful. I didn't even notice the blob until you pointed it out. It makes it look unique! Thanks for playing at CMB this week!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Great card Karren, your brayering is terrific. I hope you like wisteria wonder a little better now, lol! Thanks so much for joining in the CMB challenge again this week.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love it...great job!

cparsons said...

I like the blob of Shimmer Mist, it looks like a dew drop on a fresh flower! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Me Beautiful this week!

Margaret said...

The brayered effect is so lovely on this and I think your flower is gorgeous!! A beautiful use of the colors, even if you weren't crazy about wisteria!! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Beautiful!

Jacquel said...

This is a lovely card! I love how you brayered your panel....very nice work & thanks for playing with us @ Color Me Beautiful!!!

Connie Stewart said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! Speechless! This card is amazingly beautiful! Thanks so much for posting!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous use of the colors and the sketch! Thanks for joining in with I Spy Sketches~

Vickie Z said...

Love the bequests background, floral image, and flower! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!