Saturday 27 July 2013

Coffee?

This is my second post today.  Scroll down to see my golden starfish card.

The sketch challenge at Create with Connie & Mary really appealed to me.  I love circle elements on cards, but ironically, I didn't go with a circle for this card!



I inked up the coffee cup from Perfect Blend and stamped it onto Shimmery White cardstock using Black Stazon ink.  I then colored the cup using Crumb Cake ink and the lid using Sahara Sand ink.  Some DSP from the Epic Day pack was used for the band around the middle.

For the circle element, I paper pierced an oval using the Occasions Paper Piercing Pack.  The Needlepoint EF was used down both sides of the Crumb Cake layer.  Some more of the Epic Day DSP and the large scallop framelit was used down the left side.

I stamped the sentiment onto Shimmery White cardstock and then punched with the oval punch.  Both the coffee cup and the sentiment are popped up on dimensionals.



Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Perfect Blend
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Crumb Cake; Shimmery White; Epic Day DSP
Ink:  Black Stazon; Crumb Cake; Sahara Sand
Accessories:  Occasions Paper Piercing Pack; Large Scallop Framelit; Needlepoint EF; Oval Punch

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Great use of this set Karren, love your colours and layout. The pierced oval framing your cup is a great idea.

Christine Blain said...

LOVE this!! The embossed edges, and pierced oval, look fabulous, Karren. Great colours too (isn't this paper awesome?!).

Margaret Raburn said...

I love the coffee set and how you put it onto an oval background... perfect! What a cute and fun card! Thanks for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge #261!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I really like all the elements you used with your coffee cup image. Especially like how you used the scallops on the edge. Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

What a fun card! I love the coffee set...I don't drink coffee, but many of my friends do, so this is a perfect card to add to my favorites for inspiration! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary sketch challenge this week!

Deb said...

Love this stamp set! I really need this one - lol!! Great colors and a great way to use the sketch! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a darling card! The texture down the sides is a a great detail and I love the color combination! Thanks for playing this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Mary Brown said...

What a great use for this set! Love how you put it in the pierced oval! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!