Wednesday 24 July 2013

Near the Sea

As part of my organisation of my stamp room the other day, I also made some space to bring my non-SU stamps out of storage.  It was fun to take a glance through the drawers and when it came to the nautical theme at Curtain Call, I went to my "marine" drawer first and found a really old PSX stamp that I've probably had for 10 years and it's never seen ink! So I suppose this card qualifies for Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) ha ha.

I used the sketch from Friday Mashup but flipped it 90 degrees.  



I kept the beautiful stamp as the main feature of this card, stamping it on watercolor paper and then wetting the paper quite a bit before coloring with Crumb Cake and Pool Party ink.  The DSP is from Epic Day and the charm is another something I've had for at least 10 years.




Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  PSX
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake; Epic Day DSP; Watercolor Paper
Ink:  Black Stazon; Crumb Cake; Pool Party
Accessories:  Linen Thread; Lighthouse charm from stash

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

what a lovely scene you created for the Feeling Nautical challenge! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Amy White said...

That little charm is the perfect accent for this lovely quote and pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

Lisa said...

I love the scene you created Karren, and the lighthouse charm is fantastic! Great job turning the sketch also!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup, always a pleasure to see your projects!

Heidi Baks said...

Love the nautical card and the little lighthouse charm! Adorable!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Darnell said...

How fun, Karren! Doesn't it feel wonderful to ink it up?! If there was a prize for using your oldest NBUS, you would have been the winner! (Trust me I have some of those old virgins, too! Wait, that didn't sound right.) You've done a work-of-art card here; the little charm is the perfect finishing touch!!